Chapter 71

DISCLAIMER: Y'ALL DO NOT GET MAD. Just. Read. I'M TELLING YOU JUST READ. You gone be mad but don't stop readin the book. That's why I'm updating twice today cause I know how y'all get. DO NOT GET MAD. I'm saying this for a reason. If y'all want certain shit to happen, this has to happen first. Omg I feel bad y'all are gonna hate me for a couple chapters if you even keep reading. I already KNOW all my day one readers gone dip on me. 💀💀
***
3 months later...
Saint Smith
5:30pm, June 17th
Laying on the couch, I stared up at the ceiling with my music on low and took small puffs from my blunt. A nigga was tired, just got off of work a while ago and was waiting for Cass to come home.

She was looking for colleges and waiting for her acceptance letters. She applied late so she could apply for the ones I got accepted to. Not too long after our last game I got full scholarships so I really had places to choose from.

My moms and I was gone spend the summer flying out and visiting the places. I honestly had my heart set one in L.A. It'd be a nice getaway from Chicago. Ain't never left this city and I was hype to explore.

I wanted Cass to come along but our schedules were crazy. She could only come on a few trips but some she was gone have to miss out on with her job and everything.

I ain't want her to stay at the crib by herself but it was gone be aight. I told myself we was gone get accepted to the same colleges and be together.

I heard the door knob jiggle and keys being put in the door. Cass walked in the house, going through the mail she pulled from the mailboxes downstairs. Then she put it down with a disappointed look on her face.

"What's crackin?" I smiled, putting my blunt out in the ashtray next to me that sat on the coffee table.

She took a deep breath, dragging her feet towards me.

"Today was just...tiring..." She huffed.

"Wrap to me." I said, watching as she kicked her shoes off and sat on top of me.

She took another deep breath burying her face in my chest. I stroked her hair, hearing her small cries.

"Mama what happen?" I asked.

"Saint...none of the colleges got back to me." She sniffled. "And we literally graduate in a couple of days."

"Mama...come on. You know they gone get back to you. Don't even stress." I assured her.

"I just...I just wish we could've done this sooner, you know?" She cried.

"I understand...I still got hope though. Don't worry." I sighed.

She wiped her tears wrapping her arms around me as much as she could.

"I just want to be with you is all." She whimpered.

"You will be ma." I assured her.

I felt bad for Cass. She's worked so hard all year and not hearing back from any colleges fucked her up. I couldn't imagine how she felt.

I was leaving for L.A. in three weeks for a week and that small separation was gone tear her luh ass up inside. I just wanted to wrap her up and take her with me but shit wasn't that easy.

I wanted her as bad as she wanted me. But I assured myself shit would work out.

Cassie Davis
5:45pm
3 weeks later (after graduation)...
Saint was finally coming home today after visiting the first college he'd gotten a scholarship for in L.A. I was excited to see him after that long ass week and was ready to kiss and hug him up.