Chapter 14

Saint Smith
I led Cassie over to the arcade where one particular game caught my eye. She dragged her feet along, wondering where we were going. We stopped in front of the game I wanted to play.

"Basketball?" She said, putting one hand on her hip and rolling her eyes.

"One round!" I pleaded, tilting my head to the side.

She looked me in my eyes as if she were searching for something.

"Fine." She sighed with a serious face that later cracked into a smile.

I smiled back, reaching in my back pocket for my wallet. I took out two dollars, giving one to her. We both put in the money in the machine at the same time.

There were 3 balls each and they all rolled one at a time. Then buzzer went off indicating for us to begin the game.

I immediately started making every hoop, I missed one but it was all good. People were starting to stare at every basket I made.

I glanced over at Cassie who was 20 points behind me. You could tell she was trying her hardest because of the way she bit her bottom lip.

I looked at my score and I looked at hers. A couple people around us were still watching. I dropped my ball, picking up one of hers.

"Saint, what are you doing? Your about to win." She chuckled.

"I know, I just wanna help you win instead." I smiled. A little taken back by my gesture, she continued to shoot the ball.

I made every basket and now her score was at least 2 or 3 points higher than minds.

I made it look easy. Each ball went through the hoop without hitting the rim or back board. Everyone around us wanted to play now.

They started waiting around until the timer went off and our game was finished. Out of my peripheral vision, Cassie moved out of my view.

I didn't mind that she was gone until I could see a female with orange hair. I already knew it was Harper.

"Look at my man y'all!" She squealed.

"Oh okay Harper, I see you!" Someone from behind me yelled.

From what I could see, she left walking over to the girl who hyped her up, to talk.

The timer buzzed. I won the game for Cassie with a bunch of irrelevant points. My main focus was now elsewhere.

I turned around to see Cassie who stood there with her boyfriend, Mickel. He held her hand tightly, while Cassie's head leaned on his arm.

"Yo you got skills kid." He spoke.

"Thanks bro. But that's nothing" I chuckled.

"Oh my god! I can't believe y'all are meeting right now!" Cassie squealed, breaking her silence.

I rolled my eyes, smiling at her.

"It's not that big a deal babe." Mickel laughed, kissing Cassie on the cheek.

"Well as you probably know because I'm sure cassie told you, I'm Mickel. Her nigga." He said introducing himself and holding out his hand for me to shake.

Before I could even introduce myself Cassie spoke ahead of me.

"Okay so this is Saint my old childhood best friend!" Cassie spoke ecstatically.

Mickel held his hand out for me to shake. I gripped his hand tightly, shaking it. He gripped mine equally hard, squeezing it a bit.

"Wow so y'all go way back don't y'all?" Mickel asked.