Chapter 15

8:30pm
"Yeah Cass. It's me." He sighed. "Didn't think you were gonna pick up."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Cause I'm assuming your still mad at me." He said.

"I mean I am but..." I said, wondering if I still mad or not.

"So why'd you pick up?" He asked.

"Because I...I wanted to hear what you have to say Mickel."I admitted.

"I just want to say that I'm sorry, again and if there's anything I could do to make it up, I'll do it." He sighed.

"Mickel it's not that easy." I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked in surpise that his apology didn't flatter me.

"You can't just put a pretty little band-aid on a open cut Mickel." I mumbled.

"Cassie...but-" He started.

"No Mickel. I don't accept your apology. You should know me by now. I don't let go of things easily." I sighed.

"Cassie I-" He said before I hung up on him.

I threw my phone down in attempt to get some sleep now, but as soon as I did he called me right back.

I sucked my teeth swiping up on my phone to put it on do not disturb so I wouldn't get calls throughout the night. I went to bed sated by the fact I ignored Mickel's call. That nigga was going to learn.

***
Saint Smith
9:15pm
After dropping Harper off to her crib, I headed to my place. Tonight was a dub and I didn't even have fun. I was over it.

The only part I actually enjoyed was hanging out with Cassie. She was the only one that really got me out of everyone here besides my mom.

It was early but all I wanted to do was go to sleep and try to have one good day tomorrow. My anxiety was already at its peak being that we were going to find out who made the basketball team on Monday.

*****
Cassie Davis
Monday 6:00am
BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Was the sound my annoying ass alarm clock made when it was time for me to wake up. Thank God I was well rested or I would've been pissed this morning about waking up.

Sunday was a normal chill day. I didn't do anything but catch up on the little bit of homework I had and watch tv. I didn't hear from Mickel which I didn't mind but it seemed a little sus.

I had no ride to school today and it was raining outside. Christin had already left and my mom was asleep. I slowly got ready, thinking of my plan for today.

I hopped into the shower, wetting my hair to make it curly once again. I squirted shampoo in the palm of my hands and started scrubbing my scalp. After I rinsed my hair out, I lathered my body in soap, now washing my body.

Once I got out of the shower, I picked out what I was going to wear today. I simply picked out my grey thrasher hoodie, with black leggings, a jean jacket, and my checkerboard vans.

I slicked my hair back in a neat ponytail letting my two little baby hairs fall to the side. I put on some lip gloss and sprayed perfume on myself, grabbing my purse and sitting on my bed.

"How am I gonna get to school?" I whispered to myself.

I scrolled through some of the contacts I had in my phone. Then Saints popped up under the 'S' category. I hesitantly clicked on it, pressing the 'new message' button.

I slowly started to type.

Me
Hey Saint, it's Cass...I don't wanna bother you but I was wondering if you could give me a ride to school today.