Chapter 52

are y'all ready for this emotional rollercoaster of stupidity, happiness, love, sadness and anger? (Oh btw I forgot if I gave Cassie's mama a name so her name Cassandra💀)
***
2019
3 months later...
Friday, March 8th, 7:00pm
Saint Smith
"How do you feel right now?" Cassie asked excitedly.

"I feel good, you know. I'm ready for our next game and I'm going to give these scouts all I got and show them what I'm capable of." I smiled, opening up the window to let a cool breeze in.

"Y'all really did y'all thing tonight. You guys took y'all 4th 'W'. I'm so proud of you Saint. You get closer and closer to your goals and I love to see it happen." She smiled.

"Yup, when the coach told me college scouts were coming to see our team play in the last game of our basketball season, I couldn't handle the shit Cass. Wait til I tell my moms." I gushed.

"Aw your blushing!" She squealed.

"I don't blush, okay." I said, keeping it a stack.

"I could see your cheeks are literally red. Don't forget you one of them light skin niggas." She joked.

"Yeah whatever nigga." I laughed.

The car grew silent for a second.

"So you excited for your birthday?" I asked her, changing the subject.

"Hell yeah! Ya girl gone be 18!" She grinned.

"What you plan on doing?" I asked.

"I don't know, I haven't decided yet. Something small I guess." She shrugged. "The day before, I'll spend with Lisa then maybe you and me could do a small dinner, shopping, then come home and relax."

"Girl that's all you wanna do? You don't wanna turn up and get ratchet?!" I exclaimed.

"I mean...I feel like we always do that...you know?" She sighed.

"You right, you right. It'll be a day for just me and you if that's what you want." I suggested.

"Yeah just me and my baby." She smiled.

Pulling up in front of her house, her facial expression fell flat immediately.

"What's the matter?" I asked in confusion.

"Wades home." She huffed. "You see that car parked in our driveway. My mom brought him that like a month ago when he moved in. She only got it because he kept asking to borrow hers."

"Man, that's some bullshit. You wanna crash at my crib for the night or-" I suggested before she cut me off.

"I can't..." she huffed. "He expects me or Christin to cook dinner for the family when my moms working late."

"Can I at least come in?" I asked.

"Baby...you know what he said. Christin and I aren't allowed to invite people over when he's home." She sighed. "Some how he brainwashed my mom into seconding that rule."

"Does he even have a job?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Tuh...no." She scoffed. "He plays that 'I'll look for a job next month Cassandra, I promise' card all the time."