Chapter 8

Saint Smith
It was towards the end of the day. I was in my last period class with five more minutes left on the clock. I rapidly tapped my pen on my desk, waiting impatiently for the bell to ring.

One of my legs were sprawled out, as I leaned back in my chair growing more and more impatient by the minute.

I just needed to find an excuse to ditch Harper and drive to my moms house. I needed someone to confide in.

I watched the clock slowly tick. Finally, the bell rang. Everyone hopped up from their seat attempting to leave the classroom but the teacher wasn't having that.

"I dismiss you. Not the bell." She said, scowling at everyone who tried to run out of the classroom.

Everyone sucked their teeth, including me.

"Can we leave Miss! I got shit to do." I heard someone huff in the crowd of people standing by the door.

"Everyone sit down!" She yelled.

Everyone moaned in annoyance, taking their seat. The teacher waited until everyone was seated.

"Have a nice weekend." She spoke, pointing to the door.

Everyone hopped out of their seats, without saying goodbye to the teacher, including me.

I walked down the hallway, getting closer and closer to the double doors, leading to the school parking lot.

Walking through the doors, I ran to my car. Just as I clicked the button on my keys to unlock the door, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath, only turning around to see that it was Harper.

Fuck! I thought to myself.

"So you really thought you could just leave me?" She bitched, putting one hand on her hip and rolling her neck.

I rolled my eyes, looking up at the sky.

"What do you want?" I asked, opening the drivers door to my car.

"We're a couple now so take me home." She announced.

"I have shit to do." I huffed.

"I can do them with you." She smiled.

"You really don't quit, do you?" I asked.

"Nope." She smiled.

I sucked my teeth, getting into the drivers seat. Harper opened the passenger seat door for herself  and sat down, adjusting her seat.

"What's your address?" I mumbled.

"Oh." She laughed. "I'm going where you going."

"I'm going to my moms house." I scoffed.

"Even better. I can't wait to meet mama Smith." She smiled.

"Your not meeting my moms Harper." I huffed, dragging my hand across my face.

"Your right, it's way too early in our relationship." She sighed, looking at herself in the rearview mirror.

"What is your address Harper?" I asked again but a little more sternly.

"You can drop me off at Cassie's. We got some cheerleader meeting going on at her place." She said.

I finally pulled out of the school parking lot, on my way to Cassie's to drop Harper off.

I didn't say anything about my moms house being next to Cassie's. I didn't want her to get any ideas.

Five minutes into driving, Harper kept shifting her self closer and closer to me. I ignored it until I felt her hands, trying to unbuckle my pants while I was driving.