Chapter 10

Cassie Davis
5:00am, Saturday
I woke up to the loud sound of something hitting the concrete outside, over and over. I tried covering my ears with my pillow but the sound stayed the same.

I angrily got out of bed, charging towards my window to see who was up at this time of day.

To my surprise, Saint wearing basketball shorts and a black hoodie with Nike slides, dribbled an old basketball in his backyard.

I tapped my window, catching his attention.

All he did was look at me and smile. I caught extreme deja vu. When we were younger, this was us every Saturday.

I took a deep breath, looking for a hoodie to wear. I was going to give Saint a piece of my mind.

I couldn't find not one of my sweaters hanging around. As frustrated as I was, I was not about to go outside without some type of jacket.

I looked on my dresser to find Saints hoodie. I quickly grabbed it and threw it on. I slipped on my slides and finally went outside.

I marched to the front of his house, entering the side gate. I watched as he dribbled and shot the ball into the hoop.

"Saint." I mumbled.

He turned around in shock, dropping the ball causing it to bounce and roll off.

"Keep. Down. The. Noise." I sighed.

"That's all you came over here to say?" He asked.

"Uh...yeah. It's too early. What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

He smiled, using the bottom of his sweater to wipe off sweat from his forehead. His shirt under, came up a little and you could see his sweaty abs.

"I need to practice Cass. If you want, you could watch me." He shrugged going to pick up his ball.

I mean, I was falling out of my sleepiness. To watch Saint play basketball wouldn't be so bad.

"Only if you let me vent." I sighed, taking a seat in the outside swing chair.

"Ok shoot." He huffed, coincidentally shooting the ball into the hoop.

I took a deep breath then I started to vent. "I think...I think my boyfriend's cheating on me." I sighed.

"What makes you say that?" Saint asked, dribbling his ball.

"I don't know. He just seems so suspect at certain times. I also kind of feel like he's using me you know?" I sighed.

"Using you? How?" He asked.

"He only wants to kiss and hug me when we're in front of people. I take it as him trying to show off our relationship to everyone." I shrugged.

"I mean...if I was him I would want everyone to know we were dating too." He panted. "To show everyone that your my girl and no one else could have you."

"Okay but...what about the cheating part huh?" I asked.

Saint took one last shot, letting the ball hit the back board of the basketball hoop. He stared at it until the ball went into the net, bounced on the ground, and rolled away.