Chapter 57

Y'all Christina Milian is pregnant? Do you know what that means🌚?
***
Saint Smith
1:15am
I sat in my living room watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. It had just come on and it was the perfect time for me to roll a blunt.

I grabbed a backwoods and a dime of weed from my basketball shorts pocket. Reaching in my other pocket, I searched for my lighter. It wasn't there. Yet again, it never seemed to be around when I needed it the most.

I looked around my area not seeing my lighter in sight. I sucked my teeth looking at how far the kitchen was from where I was sitting. I got up dragging my feet across the floor and stood in the kitchen carefully rolling my blunt.

I turned my stove on, lighting it with the fire on top. We was gone do this the ghetto way. I took the first puff and a smile emerged on my face. I ain't get to smoke all day. A nigga wanted to forget his problems and get faded.

Sluggishly walking back into my living room, I sat on my couch getting back to watching tv. Just then I heard a knock on my door.

I sucked my teeth, holding the blunt in between my lips. Looking into the peep hole, I saw Cassie and her bags standing outside of my door.

Only a couple of minutes had went by and I managed to forget she was coming over. I unlocked and opened the door for her.

"Hey." I mumbled, taking the blunt from in between my lips and holding it with my fingers.

She buried her head in my chest, wrapping her arms around my waist. She took a deep breath pulling away from me and entering my apartment.

"Hey." She sighed.

I looked behind her. Her suitcase sat in the hallway along with a bag wrapped around the lever. Something obviously must've went down at her crib. I grabbed her suitcase, rolling it into my apartment.

"My fault. I forgot I left it out there." She sighed, taking a seat on my couch.

"Nah, nah. It's okay. Ima roll it into my room. You want me to take the bag you have on ya shoulder too?" I asked.

She handed me the bag on her shoulder.

"Thanks." She softly spoke.

"No problem." I mumbled, putting the blunt back in between my lips and taking her bag.

Walking into my room, I set Cassie's things down into a neat corner then walked back down the hall and into the living room.

"Okay. What's going on?" I asked, sitting down next to her on the couch.

She took a deep breath.

"Everything." She spoke. "Tonight was the last night I couldn't take Wade and kids bullshit anymore. His kids pushed me over the edge and I said and did some things tonight that I honestly don't feel bad for."

"Where was ya moms in all this?" I asked, taking a pull of my blunt.

"That stupid bitch." Cassie grumbled.

"What mama Davis do?!" I exclaimed.

"That dick whipped, inconsiderate, airhead ass bitch played dumb for three fucking months straight. Never lost faith in her until tonight. Had to put my hands on my own mama tonight Saint." She explained.

"Man...forget her then. If youn fuck with her, I don't either. You got me." I assured her.

"She believed all the lies Wade told about me then encouraged the fact that he put his hands on me, swearing I provoked him to do so." She explained.