Chapter 54

Y'all my next book is gonna be on some euphoria shit but times 10. 🌚 I cannot wait to start publishing it after this one.
***
Cassie Davis
5:15pm
"So you really gone be working surrounded by a bunch of kids starting Monday." Lisa laughed.

I looked over at her with a straight face, causing her to laugh even harder. She knew damn well I ain't wanna work at the damn Disney store with a bunch of ratchet ass little kids.

"Cass...just think about the bag. Don't worry bout them kids." Lisa assured me.

I took a deep breath and opened up the passenger seat door, stepping out of Lisa's car. I dusted myself off out of habit and grabbed my purse that sat under my seat.

"You right. Collecting them coins is what it's all about." I sighed.

"See you Monday." Lisa smiled, waving at me.

"See you Monday." I waved, closing her car door and walking up the pathway leading to my house.

I watched as she pulled away once I reached the front door. Taking a deep breath, I pulled out my keys from my purse and opened the door.

As soon as I stepped in, all I heard was people walking around and a bunch of loud ass mouths arguing.

Rushing pass me, my mom grabbed her keys off of the small table in front of the door and headed out of the house.

"Ma! Where you going?" I asked, turning around and standing at the door.

"I gotta run into work for a while. I won't be back until later." She shouted, scurrying over to her car and hopping into the drivers seat.

"Aw- c-c'mon!" I whined, sucking my teeth. I didn't want be left alone with Wade and his girls.

At least when my mom was around, Wades daughters wouldn't get away with half the shit they get away with when she was gone.

"Mama...I-" I huffed before she cut me off.

"See you later Cass! Wade is taking you and the girls somewhere." My mom shouted as she pulled out of the driveway.

"Ughh!" I exclaimed, closing the front door behind me. I was some what excited to tell her that I got a job, but I guess it was gonna have to wait.

I walked into the living room, looking for my sister. Instead, I found Wade.

"Do you happen to know where Christin is?" I asked.

"She went out." Wade answered, putting his sneakers on. "Your mother said to take you out, so that's what we gone do this evening."

"I kind of want to stay home. I was out all day." I sighed, sitting on the couch and kicking my shoes off.

"Cassie..." Wade huffed.

I looked up at Wade who stood up from the couch to look down at me.

"Listen. I ain't in the mood for no arguing and I know damn sure you ain't either. Could you just cooperate this one time please?" Wade begged of me.

Sucking my teeth, I put my shoes back on and stood up from the couch.

"Where are we going?" I asked.