Did it feel authentic?

Trixie's POV:

Earlier today Katya and I had gotten into an argument about how many times a day you could watch Contact. I had told her that she should stop watching it daily and she got mad. She retreated up the stairs and hadn't come back down yet. I decided to just grab my guitar and play something. I've had this guitar for years, and years, so it wasn't the best quality, but I didn't care. Music made me happy, and so did Katya, and that's why I wrote love songs.I started strumming some notes, and sand in harmony. "The weight on my finger, the faint slip of a sliver, The feeling you're never far gone," Katya walked down stairs with a letter in her hand and ran out the door, I wonder what she had written. "Did it feel authentic?" I sang out, hearing the door open behind me. Katya grabbed her wallet and walked out the door. "Did you feel you meant it when you said our love was wrong?" I sighed remembering our rocky past. I thought about how she just walked out the door with a letter. "I wrote you a letter I said I was better," Hopefully she hadn't been writing to a long lost love. "I said I would never know why I left you like a bandit, it's not like we planned it," I never meant to cheat on her with Shangela, but I think that was behind us now. "But I'll leave the light on for a while. And I'll leave the linen they way they've been slept in, The sheets on the bed in a pile." Where had Katya gone? All these questions ran through my head, music was supposed to be an escape for me. "And I'll wear your ring on my right hand for a while," I played some more on my guitar. "And I'll wear your ring on my right hand for a while, Did I breathe in too deep when I held you sleeping? Did you dream your leaving for long? I'll hang up tomorrow, I'll beg, steal, and borrow." I smiled looking back at all our memories together. Music hadn't been my escape from the world's troubles. Katya was. "I'm breathing, you're leaving, and you're gone." I looked down at the guitar I had once been using to ask Katya out on our first date. "I put on my denim, and put on a gingham, in classic American style," I looked at the promise ring I had been wearing on my right hand since the argument we had gotten into. "And I'll wear your ring on my right hand for a while, And I'll wear your ring on my right hand for a while," I played some more chords. "I'm dressed for the morning, and just for a moment, I've almost forgotten you're gone." I sang as I glanced at the door. "Then I remember, I have 'til September summer, the daylight's so long." I sang, remembering the anniversary of the day we had started dating in September. "I'll put on a kettle of whistling metal," I sang strumming on my guitar. "And spill just a little on the tile," I smiled. "And I'll wear your ring on my right hand for a while, And I'll wear your ring on my right hand for a while." The door opened, revealing Katya, who was holding a large box. "What is that?" I asked setting down my guitar. She handed it to me smiling, then walked towards the TV to grab the remote. "Open it." She urged clicking the 'on' button for the television. I opened the box to reveal a glittery pink guitar case with my name embroidered into the side. I jumped off the couch and pulled her into the tightest hug I could. "There's more," She laughed at me hugging back. She picked up the case and unzipped it. "No way!" I shouted, as she held out the guitar that I always wanted, but could never afford. I pulled her into a tighter hug than before, as if it was possible and she pulled away seconds later. "I almost forgot!" She installed an app to the TV titled 'Brain Pop' and played a video. An animated character with brown hair popped up on the screen. A letter popped up in the character's hand. "Dear Tim and Moby," It said. "Is it okay to watch Contact 3 times a day? From Katya." "You did not!" I shouted hitting her with a fluffy white pillow. "Shush! We need to see what they say!" She laughed hitting me with the same pillow.