The life of a dad

"Oops!" Barry says for his little baby daughter Nora as she spit up. "I'll go get something to clean this up okay honey?" Barry said as he left her alone at her high chair.

"I'm back." He sped in to see a mess of Cheerios all in the kitchen. "Aww munchkin. I thought you were good." Barry laughed and sweeped it up. "Ahh. Let's go give you a bath and wash all your food off of you." Barry smiled  and held her close.

"Okay sweetie this may be a little hot but you'll be okay." He says to his non speaking 2 month old. "There you are." Barry says as he puts her in the little chair in the bathtub. He blocks her face was his big hand and starts to shampoo her hair lightly trying not to get any in her face.

She starts to whine and she threw his hand off her head to cover it. She started to sob and cause a tantrum. "Aww come on sweetie. You're okay Nora. It's okay I'm here." Barry says as he stops the water abruptly and takes Nora out and wraps her in a towel swiftly. All he wants to do is hold her and calm her down right now. "Shh, baby girl. You're safe with me." Barry hushed her and held her close to his chest.

She was still throwing her arms around and crying. "Barr?" Asked iris as she came running up the steps to get to their master bathroom from hearing noras sobs. "In here." Barry said. A tear slipped from his eyes.

He started to sniffle as iris came in and helped. He was holding on the baby as she started to quiet down. His head with her little head as he held onto her for dear life. "Sweetie what's going on in here?" She asked softly and not mad. She gently took Nora and hushed her while rocking her and kissing her head.

"I don't get it..." Barry says as he subtly throws his arms in the air and started to cry more. "Understand what hun?" Iris asked as she wrapped Nora again in her towel with a hood. "I was just giving her a little bath and out of no where she starts going off on me." Barry sighs.

"Barry. She's a new born. She's getting used to taking baths and eating. She's new to the earth." Iris explained bouncing her in her arms. "But whenever you do everything she just acts like the perfect angel. But when I'm with her: she doesn't sleep, she doesn't eat, she doesn't take baths easily, she doesn't let me change her diaper, she just cries and cries when I'm with her, she spits up on me, she burps on me, she always goes against me when you're not here." Barry sighed.

"Barry, you need to understand that I was carrying her for 9 months. It's practical for her to be apprehensive with other people. Every child is automatically connected with their mother as a newborn, but she will come to you. She loves you and you love her. Isn't that all the matters." Iris smiled warmly. "She hates me though. She is afraid of me. She gets scared when I just touch her little hand. I want to be able to touch and hold and play with my little baby." Barry cried.

"You will. She will warm up to you very soon. Hey, remember when Nora came from the future. And she wanted nothing to do with me? This is kind of how I felt and eventually she warmed up to me. She will with you too. I swear." Iris smiled and put her hand on his cheek. "Okay. You're right." "I know I'm right." Iris looked at Nora and smiled.

"Here. She's calm now." Iris said as she gave Barry Nora. "Hey sweetie." Barry smiled at her with tear stained face. She giggled. "See she just wants to know she's safe in her fathers arms. And she always will be." Iris sighed happily.