Journal

Watch the flash tonight at 8/7 ct on the cw or anywhere you see the cw app!

Barry knows he is old and sick. He is 76. Iris has passed away a few years before because of cancer. Nora comes to the loft to see her father for her Saturday visit. Barry gives Nora Iris' journal as a gift where she wrote about hers and Barry's adventures as kids and adults.

"Hey dad!" Said Nora as she closed the loft door gently. She saw him on the couch watching old house shows, like every elder.

"Oh hi NoraBear." Barry turned slowly around to see her smiling in the doorway.

She came into the living room and sat on the floor in front of the couch Barry sat on.

"How are you today? Any better?" Nora asked putting her hand on his knee gently.

Barry smiled softly at his caring daughter.

"I'm doing fine, and cancer doesn't cure itself sweetheart." Barry chuckled and rested his hand on hers.

"I wanted to drop by because I know you've been taking new meds for...trying to get cured. I wanted to make sure you're taking them...?" She asked suspiciously.

"Oh Nora don't you think I will do anything to get this cancer away. Of course I will take my pills honey. Don't worry about me." Barry smiles and put his hand on her cheek.

"I know dad. I just don't want to loose you yet. And I know one day I'll have to but for right now I'm not ready." Nora looked down.

"NoraBear, you'll never loose me. I'll always be with you, you know that." Barry smiles.

"I know but, I won't actually have you. I won't have your anything." Nora said looking into his eyes sadly.

"Nora- you know what I have something for you." Barry got up and went upstairs.

"I'm scared. The last time you told me you have something for me it was a box of condoms for when I got engaged." Nora scoffed as Barry came downstairs.

"This is different." Barry smoked and sat back with her.

"What's is it?" Nora asked looking down at a light brown journal.

"It's your mothers. She used to write about us as kids on a day to day basis. She found it again when we were 27 and started to write about us again.

After she passed, I haven't been looking at it as much as I should." Barry finished as a tear fell.

"Oh dad, you don't need to give this to me." Nora smiled softly.

"I want you to have it honey." Barry held it out to her.

"Wow. Thank you dad. This is precious." Nora held it and stood.

"You're welcome. She'll be happy you have it." Barry nodded.

"I love you. I'll see you later." Nora said as she hugged and kissed her father.

"Bye Nora, I love you too." Barry smiles and closed his eyes in their hug.

Nora left the west Allen house. She was gonna see what's in that book.

-

Dear journal,

It's Valentine's day! My best friend Barry got me a teddy bear and chocolates and I got him a red tie that I knew he'd love. He told me I was special to him, well duh, we've been friends for a few years now. Everyone in the 6th grade was ooh-Ing and ahh-ing At us. They all thought we were a couple. I don't want to be one. I don't like like Barry. We're best friends.

Dear journal,

Today I'm marrying my long time best friend Barry. I love him so much. He loves me. What we have is something very rare. I can't believe he proposed a year ago. I love him and I don't understand why he even handles me. He makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. He holds me, hugs me, kisses me, cuddles me, wipes my tears, and makes me so happy. I have never felt this way with anyone else before. I'm terrified but so excited. Wish me luck!

Nora was in near tears of her parents relationship. She adores it so much and never will forget how amazing they are. Never were they ever fighting as parents, always happy. That's rare. She loves her mother with all her heart and misses her dearly. But she has her father to tell her the stories of her.