Speedster

"Bartholomew Henry Allen. Get into this kitchen this instant." Iris called our angrily at her husband. He let it slip that the twins went out for a run today. They are only 5!

"Yes dear?" Barry answered making her be happy again. It didn't work. "Oh don't yes dear me traitor!" She slapped his arm when he came close enough. "Why would you take our two little 5 year old twins our on a run! They have super speed! They would likely get caught by someone and then cicada would go after the new speedsters in town!" Iris yelled as the twins ran upstairs upset.

"Iris they need to experience it at a young age! I didn't get to. So they should get to know what it feels like! Some people don't get to experience anything meta and they don't understand what they're missing as a speedster. It's a-" Barry said but didn't finish. If he said what he was going to, Iris would have made him sleep on the couch.

"Speedster thing?" She finishes for him. "Ya know I was a speedster and I understood what it was like. And someone could've caught me." Iris declared.

"You were a speedster for like... a day." Barry kind of scoffed. "Well not everyone gets the chance to have your powers Barry! And the twins are too young!" Iris yelled.

"Iris I know you don't like the idea but they should learn to hone their skills before they get too old to do it." Barry protested.

"Listen. They are our children. Our 5 year old child Barry. You are being irresponsible by letting them go out on their own and just speed around the city!" Iris said.

"What. You think I let them go alone? That's why you're so worried. You thought I would leave them by themselves. You just don't want them to grow up." Barry said softly. She sniffled back her tears.

"Iris do not want the twins to leave?" Barry said as he rubbed her arms soothingly. "Barry I'm their mother. Of course I don't want them to grow up without me by their side all the time. I love them. And you having to keep this a secret was not cool. I would've came and helped you guys. But I guess it's a speedster thing." Iris sighed.

"Aww sweetheart. It's okay. I don't want them to grow up either. I love them too. They just need to do it slowly to get better. Okay? How about we make some brownies?" Barry asked. "Yeah." She sniffled into his chest.

"Thanks." Iris smiled. "Anytime honey." Barry kisses her head.