Away

Barry and Iris has twins. They didn't get much alone time in their lives. Iris had been thinking about it for a week and wanted to pitch it to Barry to see what he'd say.

"I don't know Iris. They're only 8 months old. They could get hurt." Barry said nervously flicking around his pencil.

"I know baby, but we need to live our lives just like they need to explore new places. They'll love it at my dads house! Please?" She asked with hopeful eyes as she leaned on the counter.

"I'll think about it." Barry sighed. Iris walked over and sat on his lap. She played with his hair and smiled.
"Imagine: waking up to breakfast in bed, no crying babies during the night, taking a bath together!" Iris said smiling.
"Okay fine." Barry smiled and lifted her off of him to call Joe.

"Hey joe it's Barry. So me and Iris were thinking that maybe you could take the twins off our hands for a night? It would mean so much to Iris." Barry asked hoping for a good answer.

"Of course son! Bring them over tonight." Said Joe smiling through the phone.

"That's great see you at 6." Barry said before he hung up.

"We're bringing them at 6." Barry said to Iris who was reading a book at the counter.

"Sounds good." She smiled.

Barry wanted to go play with the twins one more time before they left.

-

Barry day in their little play room criss-cross next to their cribs. Dawn was trying to get to him fast but was waddling slowly.
Dawn was a major daddy's girl lately. Wherever Barry was, she had to be in his embrace.

She put down her dinosaur toy to grab Barry's jeans to help her up. Barry wanted to see how far she'd get without his help. He couldn't help but smile and laugh with his daughter.

Dawn got up and rested on his lap with her little chubby body Barry loves so much. She practically threw herself on him. Unfortunately, she hit a sensitive spot on the man. Barry winced his eyes closed and took a sharp breath in and a deep one out in pain.

Dawn looked up at barry with curious eyes. That meant she was sorry for whatever she did to him. "It's okay sweetheart." Barry smiled and picked her up to his chest.

She pulled on his hair tightly grabbing it and twisting it in all different ways. Barry smiled up at her and gently let her down from up there. She touched his chin with the stubble from his beard and giggled. "Dadda!" She Yelled clapping and smiling.

Barry smiled and kissed her cheek. Iris came in.

"Babe. Let's get them ready to go. I already packed the stuff in the car." Iris smiled at her husband with their daughter.

"Honey I could've done that for you." Barry said putting Dawn in one arm and Don in the other.

"It's okay. I didn't want to interrupt your moment with your baby girl." She smiled genuinely.

"I love you." He said as he slowly got up with both babies in hand.

"They're very lucky. I love you." Iris kissed him as he left the room.

They bundled the babies up in winter clothing and got in the car.

Barry kept checking on the babies to see if they were crying. He was being overprotective.

"Hey dad." Said Iris as they walked into the door, one with each twin.

"Hey kids!" Said Joe smiling and taking don from Iris.

Joe knew how much Dawn loved to be with her daddy, so he didn't take her from Barry yet.

"Okay I think we'll head out before one of us cries." Iris smiled and her husband who was humming to their sleeping daughter and rubbing her back.

His eyes were closed and didn't see Joe whisper to Iris. "He is the best father I've ever seen." Joe smiled at Barry. "I got very lucky." Iris smiled and rested her hand on Barry's shoulder.

"Okay baby we have to let them go." Iris sighed to Barry.

Barry nodded. He looked at Dawn and smiled. "Baby girl, we are leaving for the night but you're gonna be okay in You're Paw Paws house okay? I love you so much sweetie." Barry kissed her head gently and handed her to Iris.

Joe gave Barry Don and Barry ruffles his hair. "Buddy, we have to go for the night but we will be back by tomorrow morning. You'll be safe at Paw Paws, remember that I love you so much slugger." Barry kisses his curls and handed him to Iris.

Joe had Dawn who was reaching out for Barry and whaling.

Barry's heart was breaking. He hated seeing his little girl sad to see him leave her. Barry's eyes were teary yet he turned away to fight the urge. Iris handed joe don.

"Bye babies!" Iris smiled at them.

"Bye beautiful babies." Barry smiled and gave them each a kid again. Iris observed and toon Barry's hand in hers.

They thanked joe and left.

In the car Iris saw a tear slip from Barry's eye. "Aww babe. It's okay. They'll be fine." Iris put her hand through his hair.

"I know. They're just so young though. I'm scared they'll stop breathing or get their speed over night or just die when we don't see them. It haunts me." Barry sighed and whipped the tear.

"They're gonna be okay. And i think about that too baby. But joe will take care of them." Iris smiled and he started to drive.

"You're right." Barry sighed.

-

Barry didn't sleep that night. Iris woke up later than she ever had before.

Barry made her breakfast. Then he convinced iris to get the twins after she ate.

"I just miss their little squishy faces." Barry sighed. "Me too." She said.

"Let's go." Barry said as they didn't even change from pajamas.

They got in the car and went to Paw Paws.

"Here you are!" Said joe as they walked in. Barry practically sped to the twins cribs and saw them wide awake.

"Were they good?" Barry asked tickling their stomachs.

"Of course. They are your children." Joe smiled and Barry packed up their stuff.

"Thanks daddy." Iris smiled and hugged her dad.

"Anytime. These are great kids Iris. You should be proud." Joe smiled.

"Oh I know. I'm so happy." She smiled.

"Okay everything's in the car. I'm sorry for over reacting yesterday. I just love them so much and if anything were to happen..." Barry said to Joe.

"I know son. They're your children. I know." Joe smiled and Barry and Iris thanked him.

"Finally they're back." Barry sighed in relief in the car when they started to cry.

"Yep. They're back." Iris laughed.