Silence

Nickelodeon owns everything, Henry Danger is owned by them. I own nothing. This takes place in season 4. This fic is of my own creation.

When I was 9, I was in a car crash with my family on the way to the movies. Piper was 5 at the time. We were going to see Tangled™️, which was of course, requested by Piper.
Piper and I were laughing about something stupid when my Mother screamed. A car crashed into the side of the car. I don't remember much after that but I remember pain. A lot of pain. Especially around my temples, ears and jaw. I remember screaming. A lot of screaming. My Mom screaming my name and Piper's name. My Dad was unconscious and Piper was crying her eyes out. Those were the last sounds I heard. Just before I passed out. I remember an intense ringing in my ears.

I woke up the next morning in the hospital.
The doctors were talking but for some reason, I couldn't hear them. I remember panicking but not being able to hear myself. I remember crying and my sister crying. I remember them writing something down on paper. They told me I lost my hearing. They asked me a bunch of questions.

What's my name? Easy, Henry Hart.

How old are you? 9.

What's your Mothers name? Siren.

What's your Dads name? Jake.

What's your sisters name? Piper.

What city do you live in? Swellview.

Do you know what happened? I was in a car
crash.

After the doctors left, I remember my mother coming to me and holding me all night. Everything was really quiet. I don't think I understood what had happened. Why I couldn't hear my mom anymore but it was ok. Because she was there. All night.

I lost my hearing in both ears and I broke my jaw. But things have gotten a lot better. I learned ASL and turns out I'm amazing at reading lips. Piper escaped with nothing but a broken leg. Mom had a broken arm and leg and Dad had 3 broken ribs. I got off the worst but it's fine. I'm fine. The only thing that makes it hard to keep my deafness a secret, is if I can't see you when you're talking, I always appear to look slow or absent minded.

-End of Flashback-

I sped down the elevator with Jasper clutching to my side, screaming. You get used to the elevator after a while. Charlotte was at my other side. She was scrolling away at her phone.
The elevator suddenly came to a stop.
I walked out of the elevator, scrolling through Instagram, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look up.

"Henry?" Rai asks. "You ok?"
"Oh, ya, sorry. I just zoned out. What's up?"
"I was just telling you to suit up. Dr. Miniak and Nurse Cohort broke out of prison and they are at a bank terrorizing costumers."
"Ok. Ugh. Ok."
"Hold up." Rai says as he picks up the phone. "Uh huh. Ok. Ok. Perfect. Thanks." Rai hung up his phone. "That was the police, they got Minyak and Cohort. So, you, Charlotte, Jasper, Schwoz and I are going to watch a movie." Rai said with a smile.
My stomach drops about ten feet. I've never been good with TV. Not after the accident. There's always too many people talking at once for me to catch all of it. Subtitles don't work either because it goes by to fast.
I feel another tap on my shoulder. I look up to Charlotte, who has a concerned look on her face.
"Henry are you sure you're fine?"
"Ya, ya I'm fine. I was just thinking."
"Ok. What do you wanna watch?" Rai asks.
"Doesn't matter too much to me." I say. That's true. I won't be paying to much attention to the movie anyway.

I'm sitting down with the gang watching some super hero movie, for about 2 hours, when I feel someone shake me. I look up. Rai was shaking me.
"Yes Rai?" I ask.
"I asked you what you thought of the movie."
"You did?"
"Ya! Three times! Henry! What's going on with you lately?"
"Nothing, I'm fine. I should be going anyway."
"Schwoz, lock all exits from the Man Cave. Henry, you're not leaving until you tell us what's going on." Rai says as Schwoz locks the Man Cave. I breathe out, annoyed.
"Then I guess we will be here for a while. Because I'm fine."