Feminist

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES MENTIONS OF ATTEMPT AT SEXUAL ASSAULT, THREATENS OF MURDER AND ASSAULT! ALSO ADULT LANGUAGE, IE. "FUCK"! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

I was sitting on the couch when the door slams open. Piper comes in, tears in her eyes. 

"Piper?" I ask. 

"I don't want to talk about." She said quietly. There's definitely something wrong. I've lived with Piper for a long time now and she's never this quiet.

"Come over." I say, holding open my arms. She sniffs weakly and sadly before slowly walking over and cuddling up to me like we used to do when we were kids.

I wrap my purple blanket around her. 

"What's wrong Pipes?" 

"I really don't want to talk about it Henry." 

"Do you want me to make you some tea?" I ask her. 

"Yes please." She mumbles. 

"Earl Grey?" 

"Mhmm." 

"And some strawberries with cream?" I offer.

"With sugar on top?" She asks. 

"Of course." 

I stand up and go over to the kitchen. 

As I made her tea and strawberries, I could hear her crying over on the couch. What could make her so upset?

*  *  *

"Tea and strawberries my lady." I say, trying to get her to smile. 

"Thanks Henry." She said tearily. 

I take a sip of my tea for a second of silence. 

"Piper, you know you can tell me what's going, I thought you were just going shopping? What? Did Jana Tetrazeni show up and be a bitch?"

"No, no of course not. Jana only goes to the mall on Tuesdays. She knows the mall is my turf. No it was something- it really doesn't matter Henry." She sniffles. 

"Of course it matters Pipes, you never cry. You're the strongest person I know, but today you come home, bag less and crying." I say, squeezing her shoulder. 

"I was- I was at the H&M and I was trying on a tube top, and I thought it looked great." 

"I'm sure it did look great." I say taking a sip of my tea. 

"It did, but when I looked in the mirror to see it, two guys came up behind me." I felt my fist tighten around the handle of my mug. "One of them... one of them squeezed my ass, the other whispered in my ear how he would slam me against the fitting room stall and do me until I cry." 

"Oh my god." 

"He said if I even tried to say anything, he would fuck me until I cried." She whimpered. "He said that after he was going to follow me out to my car and fuck me, when he was done, he said he would kill me so he would be the last one to ever touch me." 

"He didn't- they didn't do anything to you right?" I asked, though I didn't really want an answer. 

"No." She whispered. "When they were leading me towards the fitting room, a girl ran up to me, she was around your age, maybe older. I've never met her before but she seemed so excited to see me." 

"You never met her and she was excited to see you?" I ask, now I'm confused. 

"She said, 'Oh my god! I haven't see you in ages! How are you?' She then gave me a big hug. She then whispered in my ear, 'Go with it.'"