They Know

Warning! There is torture in this one shot so read at your own risk. The next couple one shots are going to be dark so just warning you.

"So Kid Danger, are you going to tell me who you are? Or are we going to have to make this hard?" The masked villain asked. His voice was raspy and deep. He couldn't just remove my mask, only Schwoz, Rai and I could.

"I'll never tell." I say defiantly.

He slapped me across the face.

"Fine! We'll do this my way!" He roars.

He slammed his wrists around my throat. I gasp out and struggle to escape. Just as my surroundings began to go black, he released.

I gasp and wheeze as air refills my lungs.

"This is only the beginning."

This wasn't going to end well.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
It wasn't really my fault that I'd been kidnapped. There were two missions. A robbery and mugging. I took the mugging. Turns out, it was all staged.

The 'mugger' grabbed me before slamming my head against the wall to knock me out.

When I woke up, I was in a dark room with this psychopath.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
I watched as he set up his phone and put it on live.

"Citizens of Swellview, I have the golden light of the city. Kid Danger. If you want him back, he'll have to tell the world his identity. Or Captain Man could. It doesn't really matter to me."

"Never." I say, though my voice is very scratchy.

"Did you hear that folks. He says he's not going to tell me his little secret. So that means I get to have a little bit of fun."

When I look at the phone screen, it already says 3.5k watchers.

I hope Rai's watching. He will be able to rescue me.

When I look back at the man he's holding a bat and a crowbar in one hand and a taser is the other. My heart dropped. Oh god.

He drops the crowbar and taser at his feet before swinging the bat at my ribs. I cry out in pain, as I feel a sickly pain shoot through me.

He repeatedly hit me with the bat until he realized he wasn't getting his results.

"Take a breather Kid Danger, the next round is going to be much worse." He said with a mock, caring tone.

"You're sick." I snap.

He laughs before bending over to retrieve the crowbar.

Oh god.

Not again.

He methodically fiddles with the bar before slamming it onto my ribcage. I scream out as I feel two or three things break inside me.

"Just tell me your true identity and all of this will be over." He offers.

I shake my head weakly. Never.

"Have it your way then." He says as he grabs the taser and stabs me with it.

I convulse and scream as the electricity flows through me like knives.

It stops.

I gasp out shakily.

Breathe Hart. Just breathe.

"How about now? Will you reveal your identity to-'' he says checking his phone, "4.5 million watchers?"

"Never." I say shakily.

His charming swagger ceased as he repeatedly hit me with the crow bar, bat and taser. Tears ran down my face as I screamed in pain.

I hear Rai's voice in my head.

"It's ok Kid. You can tell them. I'm not going to be mad. Save yourself."

I shake my head. I can't. I can take it.

Slam after slam on my gut and chest. I start coughing up blood. I was dying.

"Ok! Stop!" I beg. "I'll tell you!"

"Who are you Kid Danger. Tell me. Tell the 18.7 million people watching, who you are." He asks.

I shakily breathe out. It's ok Hart. It's ok.

"I'm Henry Hart." I say shakily.

My phone immediately blows up with texts and notifications.

Oh god.

I broke my oath.

Rai's never going to want to talk to me ever again.

Suddenly the door is blasted to the floor.

Rai storms in and pushes the guy to the ground.

"How dare you touch him?! How dare you torture someone so kind?!" He yelled. He slammed his fist against his nose and the side of his head. Breaking his nose and knocking home out.

He blasts the camera with the zapper.

"Kid? Are you ok?" He asks me.

I nod shakily. I'd never seen Rai look so mad before.

He rushes over and unties me. He pulls me into a hug but I groan in pain. Broken ribs. Gotta love em.

"Kid, we're going to get out of here. Schwoz will be able to help." Rai assures me.

Rai ties the man up and calls the police.

He picks me up bridal style and leads me to the Man Van. We drive way past the speed limit to the Man Cave.

The conversation was a mix between Rai assuring me everything would be ok and if I felt ok.

I lied and said I was ok. In reality my ribs felt horrible.

As soon as we get down to the Man
Cave, Rai pulls me over to Schwoz who has the medical table and scanner ready.

After confirming I have two broken ribs and burns on my side, everything seemed to calm down. Maybe it was the fact that no, I wasn't dying or that I was safe.

I put a cast around my torso so they don't shift or damage anymore.

I couldn't go on missions for weeks after because they were healing, but it's better to be ok then to risk it.

The masked man went to prison and everything was as it should be.

I laughed with Char, Jasper, Rai and Schwoz. Argued with Piper. And went to school.

Things were ok. Balanced as all things should be.

Alrighty, that's done. This is for @mintyjazz

I hope you guys like it!

Cheers!