Blue, Pink and White

I draw blue, pink and white metallic lines on my wrist, representing the transgender flag. I smile, Charlotte and Jasper had been so supportive when I first told them. My mother was absolutely extactic at having a son, my dad was a little uneasy when I started taking testosterone, he thought it was unnatural, but he quickly came around to it. My sister was so excited to have a brother and she always supported me.

I had moved to Swellview when I was 15, started working for Rai as Kid Danger two weeks later. Met Charlotte and Jasper a week in. They supported me from the minute I told them I was transgender.

Charlotte always made sure I took my testosterone, and Jasper was always there when I needed someone to talk to. I had immediately told Jasper and Charlotte about my job, with Rai's permission of course. He was surprisingly ok with them being apart of the team, but I could tell, in another world, another universe, he would have flipped out about me telling them.

I had received top surgery a week before my 15th birthday, thanks to some lovely surgeon who agreed to do the surgery with my parental consent, and by the grace of whatever force, I got gender reassignment surgery at 16. It's super hard to find doctors who will do it when you are under the age of 18. I had to take some time off but Rai was ok with it. I just told him I needed some time to do normal teenage stuff. 

But I hadn't told Rai or Schwoz that I am transgender. I don't know how they would react. Schwoz seemed like he wouldn't care, he was a pretty chill guy, but Rai, he was judgemental on some things. He treats women like objects sometimes. Leilani, his hula dance teacher, I always heard him talk about her, and there was no way that was a platonic relationship.

Jasper and Charlotte were always so supportive, telling me that they would be by my side when I decided to come out to Rai and Schwoz, and today, today is that day.

I've been prepping for this for weeks, more than a month now.
I'm doing it today and nothing, except maybe nerves, can stop me. I have Jasper and Charlotte to make sure of that, and of course Piper.

-.-.-.-.-.-

"Piper hurry up," I pause to grab a bite of my cinnamon bagel, "we need to be at work in 15 minutes and it takes nearly 10 minutes to get there." I call out to my sister, though it was a tad muffled by the bread in my mouth.

"I'm coming bro!" She called from her bathroom upstairs.

She hurried down the steps, still tying off one of her messy space buns.

She whipped past me, grabbing my bagel from my hand as she passed, taking a bite before throwing it back to me. We shared food a lot, it was sort of an inside joke.

I follow her out the door and into my truck. While she has her own car and driving licence, she is still only 15 years old and shouldn't be driving, I don't care what she says, she shouldn't be driving. She always get's ticked off when I tell her off about it, but she usually just goes with it. 

I climb into the front seat with her in the passenger's. She gives me a look of worry but masks it with a smile. "Are you ok, Hen?" 

"I'm fine Pipes, I'm fine." I lie, in reality I had to restrain myself from calling in sick and forgoing the plan.

"You're not fine." Piper sighed. 

"I know, but I will be." 

She smiles halfheartedly at me, placing a soothing hand on my arm. "I know." 

I take one final look at her before starting the ignition and driving out of my driveway and heading to Junk n' Stuff. 

- time skip -