Nightmares

I'm just gonna say it. This will be short.

We were lounging on the couch since two o'clock. It was eight.

"So... are we doing anything tonight? Or no?" I ask, breaking the comfortable silence.

"I have to leave in like, ten minutes." Charlotte sighs. "My mom will be worried if I'm not home by nine."

I see her roll her eyes.

"Parents." I grumble.

"Ya, I have to head out too." Jasper added.

"What about you Schwoz?" Rai asked.

"I am taking my pig to a hotel. Check in is at 8:20."

"You're taking your pig to a hotel?" Charlotte asked with an astonished tone.

"What? There's a pet spa." Schwoz replied.

"Whatever dude." Rai grumbled.

Charlotte stood up and stretched her arms over her head.

"You coming?" She asked me.

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here. Are you ok with that, Rai?" I ask.

"Ya, Kid, don't worry. But shouldn't you tell your parents."

"Henry's parents? Hah, they won't realize he's missing for about 3 days." Charlotte remarks.

"True though." I say.

"Fair enough." Rai says.

"Anyways, see you guys." Jasper says.

"I'm going too." Schwoz says, as his pig walks out with a tiny suitcase attached to him.

Schwoz grabs a bag from the desk and heads into the elevator. Charlotte and Jasper shoot me a weird look before following him.

Once it's just Rai and I, I finally escape the couch.

"So, Kid, what do want to do?"

"I don't know. What do you want to do?"

"We could watch the Walking Orange." Rai suggests.

"Ya, sure. Whoever falls asleep first, the other gets to draw a moustache on their face."

"Deal."

- time skip -

We were 12 episodes in, and Rai was drifting. It was 3 in the morning after all.

How am I awake?

I don't sleep, not with out nightmares.

Being a superhero is great, don't get me wrong, but the sleepless nights and constant nightmares from the PTSD is horrible.

Rai doesn't know about this, he doesn't fear fighting. There's nothing for him to fear. He's indestructible.

When Rai finally fell asleep, I smiled and grabbed the sharpie and started drawing a goatee on Rai.

I grinned at the similarities between the fake beard and the beard alternate dimension Rai had when Charlotte and I got stuck over there.

Once it's finished, I snap a picture and turn off the tv. I debated staying up at reading but there were no crimes, there was nothing to be worried about. I was in the Man Cave.

So instead, I risk sleeping, how bad can it be?

-.-.-.-.-

Rai's Point Of View

I suddenly bolt up.

Damnit! I fell asleep. But that's not what bothered me.

Henry was struggling against the blanket on his portion of the couch.

The blanket was wrapped around him like a straitjacket as he blindly thrashed in his sleep.

I quickly jump up and shake his shoulders.

"Henry! Henry, it's ok, wake up!" I shout.

He suddenly bolts up, panting.

"Henry, are you alright?" I ask worriedly.

"Ya, I'm fine." He mutters a little too quickly.

"Henry, you're not fine, you have bags under the size of suitcases under your eyes, and you were clearly having a nightmare, a pretty bad one at that." I point out. "So that makes me wonder if you have nightmares every night and it also makes me wonder how much you actually sleep."

"I don't want to talk about." He says.

"Henry, it's me, you can tell me." I say.

He looks over at me.

"Fine." He sighs. "I hardly sleep because whenever I do, I have this dream that everyone, including you, are dead, and I couldn't do anything to stop it."

I see a small tear roll down his cheek, but it's quickly swept away.

"Henry, none of that is real, ok, it's alright." I say.

He nods his head, but I can tell that he's still weary.

"Kid, why didn't you tell me you have nightmares?" I ask.

"I didn't want you to think I'm weak. I'm not weak."

"Jesus Kid, you're gonna give me grey hairs. Having nightmares does not make you weak. It means you have PTSD. Which is treatable. You can see that therapist in Metroburg Phoebe mentioned and you can take sleeping medication to help you sleep through the nights." I explain.

He looks at me with a small smile, he then starts to chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Have you looked in the mirror?" He jokes.

Looked in the mirror? What? Oh.

Shit.

So that's up, I'm sorry it took so long and that it's short, but I do have finals coming up soon, so I'm studying for those. I'm gonna start the final chapter of Dark Danger. But ya, this is the Henry/Rai fluff someone requested. I'm too tired to check who. Anyways, most of you will probably read this in the morning, or at least morning for me, but goodnight.