Don't Jump

Warning! Trigger Warning: Suicidal Thoughts, Self Harm, Mention of Depression and Other Mental Disorders! 
Reference Game: Voltron
If you want your favourite fandom in a chapter, let me know!

I run out onto the bridge, Rai far behind me. I've never felt more pushed on a mission. 

"Don't jump!" I yell. 

The girl turns around to look at me. She had such a sad look on her face. 

"I called you." She said sadly. I noticed she had a slight English accent. 

"I know. I answered. I just want to talk to you. What's your name?" I ask nervously. I couldn't fail this. 

"Allura." She replied. 

"Hi Allura, I'm Kid Danger." 

"I know." She said shortly. 

I dare to look back to see if Rai was any closer but he was still a while away.  

"Allura, you don't want to die." I reason. 

"I do." 

"You don't. You think you do, but you have so much left to live for." I tell her. 

"I don't. Can I call you a name other than Kid Danger?" Allura asked. 

"I can't tell you my real name." I sigh.

"Fine, I'll call you Keith." She says.

"Keith it is then." I confirm. 

"Keith, I have nothing to live for." She informs me. 

"You think you don't but you do. You can have a future." 

"What future Keith?" She asked me. 

"One where you are happy, successful." 

"That's not a possibility for me." She says sadly. 

"Allura, if you step down from the ledge, we can talk about this. Face to face." I offer. 

"No." She says bluntly. 

"Allura, if you come down, I can tell you a story." 

She quirks her eyebrow. 

"What story could you possibly tell me that would ever stop me from jumping?" She asks. 

"If you come down with me, you can find out." 

She hesitated. She noticed that Rai was getting closer. 

"I don't want him here." 

"What? Captain Man?" 

"Adults never listen. They always think they know best." 

"Captain Man's not like that." 

"Can I call him Lance? He seems like a Lance." 

I almost snort. Rai was in no way a Lance. But I don't laugh, I don't want to embarrass her. 

"Yeah, you can call him Lance." 

"Even if he isn't like that, all adults are like it in someway or another. He will think that he's right and I'm just going through something. That my mental disorders are all fake. All in my head." She whispers the last part, taking a step closer to the ledge. 

"No! Allura, remember, I'm going to tell you a story. Hey Captain Man! I need you to stay there. Don't come onto the bridge!" I yell at Rai. 

"What? I can't come onto the bridge?" He calls back.