Dark Danger 3

Warning, this is going to be dark. Precede with caution.

I had scars. A lot of them. Some from old injuries from being a superhero, but the most, the biggest, most noticeable scars, came from my time as the Dark Soldier. Like for example, the brand on my thigh, Subject HNRE.

My friends didn't know about most of my scars. They knew about a few, like the giant slice on my back. I had gotten it when I had dropped a weight during training. They didn't like to see that I was weak, not even a little.

We had all stayed the night at the Man Cave about a week after I had returned. Rai had dropped a candy bar, so when I bent over to pick it up, my shirt went up a bit.

They, of course, asked me a bunch of questions, I really didn't want to answer.

Another was three, claw like, lines on my shoulder blade. I had spoken during an assignment. A murder. I remember the victim perfectly, Sam Edison, 33. Anyways the gang found out about that scar when I injured my shoulder on a mission with Rai. Schwoz had to check it out. They of course asked me everything they did last time. How'd you get it? Who did this to you? When did this happen?

But they found out about the branding in the worse way possible.

-.-.-.-

"Rai, Henry, suit up. There's a masked, group of criminals in the downtown area." Schwoz alerted us.

"Cool, we haven't had unknowns in awhile." I say.

"Ya, I think the last one we'd ever had was-" Rai trailed off.

"Jandi Bridge, seven months ago." I say hesitantly. "When I was kidnapped."

An awkward pause filled the room.

"Kid, if you don't want to go, if it brings up bad memories, you don't-''

"Rai, I'm fine, that was seven months ago. I've been back for three." I say, subconsciously pulling my sleeve down over the scars on my shoulder. "Let's go."

"Henry, you are never going back there, you hear me? I won't let them get to you, ok? And anyway, we have a cure to snap you back."

"Thanks, Rai but I'm fine. Let's go."

Rai gives me a look before taking his gum tube out.

I follow and quickly blow a bubble. We run over to the tubes.

"Up the tube." Rai calls.

We zoom up the tube.

- time skip -

When we arrive on the scene, I instantly felt as if I shouldn't have come. Their masks were the same as the masks they used at Z and N. I quickly feel my branding on my leg. But none the less, I jump into battle.

I slam my fist into someone's jaw. They stagger back before lunging at me. He flips me over onto my back. I grunt before jumping back up. I kick them in the stomach. Just as I was obtaining the upper hand, I feel a blow to my back.

I drop to the floor, wheezing.

"Henry! Are you ok?" Schwoz asks into the coms.

"Ya." I wheeze.

I catch my breath and continue fighting.

I knock a few out, but as many I defeat, double seem to come out.

I dodge as many as I can, but these bastards are starting to overpower me.

One grabs me by my shirt and tosses me into a building. I place my hand to my head, only to have a stinging feeling in my head and hot liquid under my fingers.