Anaphylaxis

This is probably going to be short. 

You wanna know what people take for granted? Breathing. We do it all the time so you don't really think too much about it. Then we get a damn cold and our nose all stuffy and good gods, isn't it just the worst! Haha, no. It's not the worst. It's not the worst because you can still technically breathe. 

What really sucks is when you literally can't breathe, or so I found out about five minutes ago. Rai was going through some fitness craze and decided to be a, what he calls, 'foodie'. Which of course meant him forcing us all to try new foods, one of which being a smoothie bowl. The presentation was beautiful, it had strawberry, mango, milk, and of course, pomegranate. 

So when he dished out six bowls for each of us, I didn't expect anything but to taste the sweet smoothie, which I must admit, was quite delicious, however the after effects were not so sweet. After a minute or so, it seemed like a force was resting on my chest, I tried to cough, but this only seemed to make my chest pain. 

My breath seemed to come in like it was filtered through a broken straw, it felt like I was being strangled from the inside out. I break out into a fit of sneezing, which seemed to alert my friends that something wasn't quite right. I stumbled, dropping the pottery on the floor, covering it in a fruity paint before I followed it.

Rai quickly positioned me in his lap in hopes of helping me clear my airways. 

"Henry, listen to me," He had said, "do you know what you're allergic to?" 

I shook my head no. 

"He doesn't have any allergies besides pollen in the summer, and unless you threw a bucket of pollen in the smoothie..." Piper trailed off. "Wait! Henry did get sick from pomegranates when he was younger." 

I briefly saw Schwoz run over to the auto snack. "One dose of epinephrin!" Time seemed to move at a weird speed because the next thing I knew, I was being stabbed with something before darkness enveloped me in it's warm hug. 

When I woke up, Rai was eating his a new smoothie bowl, an orange one this time. "Afternoon sleeping beauty." 

"Rai?" I croaked. 

"While you were out, Schwoz ran some tests, did you know that you're allergic to not only pomegranates but also chia seeds and wool?" 

"I wear wool all the time." 

"Yeah, Schwoz figures it's only for 100% wool." 

"Hmmm, wool makes me itchy." I sigh. 

"Yeah? I can imagine why." He says, taking another spoonful of strawberries and mango. 

"Schwoz is going to do up a epipen for you to add to your manny pack." 

"Please stop calling them that." I sigh. 

"What? Epipens? Ok, Epinephrine Autoinjector. Better?" 

"You know I wasn't talking about epipens." I sigh. 

Rai cracks a smile, "Fine, fanny packs."  

"What time is it?" I ask. 

"16." He replies, "I sent everyone home an hour ago. It's been a slow day besides you dramatic near death experience." 

"Can I stay here tonight?" 

"Yeah I figured you'd be a bit out of it, which is why I got Piper to drop off a fresh set of clothes and a set of pyjamas, because I'm pretty sure you wore home the last set the last time you were injured." 

"Mhmm." I sigh, sleep threatening to overtake me.

"Go back to sleep, you'll feel better in the morning." 

"Thanks Rai." 

If he responded, I didn't hear as my eyes slipped shut once more, letting me fall into a deep slumber. 

Yes I know it's short, I did warn you. Hope you liked it anyway. Did you know, probably not, that I'm majorly allergic to wool? I went to school one day in high school for 80's day during spirit week, and my mum gave me an old sweater she made in the 80's. Anyway, I was only about 15 minutes into school when I started finding it really hard to breathe, I couldn't talk, my throat was swelled, and I had hives. I had to go to the hospital and I was injected with epinephrin. I don't have an epipen because I only have reactions when I'm wearing 100% wool.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed. 

Cheers!