In the Eye Of A Hurricane

Warning: Some of the scenes in this chapter are gruesome and graphic, proceed with caution.

"Mom, I'm going to work." I call out.

"Me too!" Piper adds.

"Henry, Piper, there's a storm coming. You aren't going to work." My mom calls back.

"What? Can't hear you!" Piper lies as we leave the house.

"Henry! Piper! Don't you leave this house!"

"Ah, no! I can't hear you. It's too late I'm gone." I joke, slamming the door behind me.

We bolt towards my truck and climb into the front, Piper in the back, and quickly start driving to Junk n' Stuff. The roads were vacant as everyone was inside in preparation for the storm.

I didn't have that choice however. I needed to be into work in case of emergencies regarding the storm.

I stop in front of the Page house and beep my horn.

Charlotte bounds out of her house, efficiently escaping her father trying to pull her back.

She swings open the door.

"Drive!" She yells.

I slam my foot on the accelerator and speed down the street as she puts on her seatbelt, laughing as we go.

"Next stop, Jasper's." I say.

"I so wish we didn't have to work today." Charlotte admits.

"Is that why your wearing sweatpants and a tee shirt?" I ask. She's wearing a simple mint green tee shirt and grey sweatpants.

"Yes." She deadpans.

"Haha, same." I agree, gesturing to my black hoodie and grey sweatpants. She chuckles.

Charlotte turns on the radio.

"Oh it's the official warning." Piper exclaims.

"This is the official warning from Swellview safety, as Hurricane Luca quickly approaches, safety officials are warning everyone to get off the roads and head back to their place of residence, whether that is at homeless shelter, hotel or house, find shelter."

"Oh, turn that off. We already know this." I order.

Charlotte sighs but switches off the radio.

"Can't you go any faster? It's not like anyone's on the road." Piper complains.

"Yes mam." I joke as I ease my foot closer to the floor.

We speed down the ghost road towards Jasper's.

I turn right, then left and suddenly we're in front of the Dunlop residence.

I blast the horn.

In roughly 30 seconds, Jasper comes trudging out, flipping off his mom in the process.

He climbs into the back.

"What was that about?" Charlotte asks as I continue our venture to Junk n' Stuff.

"My mum, she told me that she hopes I get washed away in the storm."

"Don't listen to her Jasp." Charlotte sighs.

"Ya, your mother's always been mythic b-"

"Henry!" Charlotte scolds me.

"Nah, he's not wrong." Jasper says backing me up.

"Guys!"

"Come on Charlotte, it's a joke." Piper laughs.

"Knock off, it's just a joke." I say.