Dark Danger

"Kid!" Rai yells, but it's too late.

I feel myself falling from the bridge we were fighting on.

The cold river below, pulls me into a freezing,  chokehold.

I struggle to pull my way up to the surface but the currant keeps me down. I continue to struggle but that was before the water smacked my head against a rock. Then everything went black.

- time skip -

"-ptain Man will be looking for his sidekick, won't he?" A man asks.

"Of course he will Nigel, but we've stayed in hiding this long." A woman responds.

"But what if he catches him, Zoe, what happens then?" Nigel asks.

"He won't. The kid will be fast." Zoe responds.

I open my eyes wearily.

I'm in a room with guards guarding the doors. They wore all black and a black, sort of medical mast looking thing, just covering their mouth and nose.

I try to get up but I'm cuffed to a chair.

I see a short, platinum blond haired woman, talking with a tall, ginger haired man. Zoe and Nigel. Though Zoe could only be about 5'3 at most, and Nigel was at least 6'0, it was obvious she was in charge.

"Oh look, Kid Danger's awake. Hello." Zoe greets.

"Where am I?"

"Your questions will be answered soon." Zoe responds.

I roll my eyes.

"Now, now, I just want to talk. Now, as you know, you and Captain Man always seem to defeat all the villains."

"Well technically, I did lose my powers, if that counts as a loss. But ya. Most villains."

"Well, I need to make a villain that Captain Man won't be able to beat."

"Oh ya? And who is that?"

"You."

Nigel pulls my mouth open and shoves a mouth guard in my mouth. I try to spit it out, but I can't. Nigel attaches a helmet type thing to my head, it has suction cups placed on my temples.

"Now, we have to make this fun, don't we." She sets up a camera and attaches a piece to her mouth.

She and Nigel walk behind the camera before pressing play.

"Hello Captain Man," She says, though he voice is distorted from the piece. "I have something of yours. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to him."

She presses a button on a remote.

Pain courses through me, but mostly in my head.

After about 20 seconds, it stops.

"Who is Captain Man?" She asks me.

"A super hero." I gasp out, through the piece.

She presses it again.

I scream.

"Who is Captain Man?"

"A super hero." I cry out.

Again.

"Who is Captain Man?"

I hesitate for a moment. "A super hero." I say again. But this time it feels different.

Again.

Each time I answer, 'A super hero.' It seems to feel wrong.

After several more painful doses, she asks again.