Snow White?

"I think he went down this way, come on!" Rai yelled as we chased a criminal through a labyrinth of ally ways. We dash down the path but quickly find ourselves at a crossroad. 

"You go left, I'll go right?" I question.

"Sure, meet back here if we can't find anything or have apprehended the criminal." Rai said with a order like tone. 

"Sure, good luck!" I call over my shoulder. 

Giving him one last glance before turning and heading down the ally. 

I follow the path, following the twists and turns until I started to hear foot steps. Too light to be Rai's, but definitely light enough to be the nimble arsonist we had been trailing. 

I push my body to go faster until finally I caught sight of the criminal. He really wasn't anything much, he was lanky and awkward, he obviously was attempting a beard but it really wasn't working out. It was growing out in awkward patches all over his jaw and chin, and it was thin and barely more coloured than the colour of a peach. But despite his terrible appearance, there was something off about him. Well of course he was a maniac, he has set fires all over the town of Swellview. 

"Stop!" I order, causing the arsonist to halt in his tracks. He spun around to look at me. 

"Oh hello KD." 

"Please don't call me 'KD'" I whine, no I did not whine, I demanded. 

"Of course Kid Danger." He smiles which is definitely fake. 

I grip my laser, glaring at the arsonist. 

"Hey Kid Danger, you're looking a little tired, you should get some sleep." 

"Mate, it's 3 in the morning, of course I'm tired, but I've been running around town trying to stop you from lighting buildings on fire, so put your hands in the air!" I order, slightly exasperated from my overtired mind. "I have work tomorrow, come on man." 

 "Too bad you won't be able to get any sleep." 

I lower my weapon confusedly, which must have shown on my face because he smiled that fake smile and pulled out a gun and shot. A thin, fast ray of green light shot out and blasted me back, slamming my head into the wall which caused it to hurt momentarily. I feel a trickle of blood down my neck, but I quickly shake it off. 

Thinking it was just a stun gun, I jump back up and trip him by swinging my foot at his ankle, causing him to fall as he tried to get away. I quickly leap onto his back and pull his arms behind his back, cuffing his wrists into a tight hold, but not tight enough to break the skin. 

Despite the fact that I had him trapped, he was laughing. 

"You will never sleep again." He cackled. 

"What?" I sighed, hauling him up to his feet. 

"The blast, have fun trying to fall asleep now." He clarified. 

"What do you mean?" I ask tiredly as I drag him down to the meet up spot. 

"I formed a gun that tricks the brain into never being able to sleep. You will be tired into the point of oblivion but will never be able to sleep." 

"Ok buddy." I grumble, not believing a word he'd just said, my tired mind forcing out the thoughts of anything problematic. 

"It's true." He confirmed. 

"Uh huh." I muttered. "Captain Man!" 

Just as I call, Rai comes running out, an alarmed look flashing across his face, only to see I was alright and that I had the criminal in my grasp.