Roll Down Your Sleeves

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER WILL INCLUDE SELF HARM, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, AND SELF DEPRECATION! IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANY OF THE PREVIOUS, PLEASE TAKE WARNING WHILE READING THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE SEEK HELP OR AT LEAST DM ME IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO! THIS CHAPTER ALSO INCLUDES HARSH LANGUAGE!

IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANY OF THE PREVIOUS, CALL 833-456-4566 FOR HELP!

We eat in silence, chowing down on our burgers from Splat Burger.

"What's going on Henry?" Phoebe finally says, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry?"

"Why'd you call me? I know you didn't drive all the way to Hiddenville for crappy burgers and a chat." Phoebe says, cutting straight to the chase.

"I could have, you don't know. And I think Splat Burger is pretty good."

"One, no you didn't, we have only ever video chatted or met up for work, plus, you would have told me you were coming. So tell me what's going on." She orders.

I sigh. "Life."

- flash back -

It's been this way since Christmas. Everything's unraveling and I feel like I'm dying. Something has been happening since last year, but I only noticed Christmas. It started when Rai would go on missions alone, claiming it was because I looked tired lately, but deep down, it was because I just wasn't good enough. Then it was the berating when I failed a mission.

- flash back -

"Gods Henry! Can you do anything right!" Rai yelled.

"I'm sorry Rai! I didn't mean to let them go!"

"Frankly, I don't give a shit what you meant! What matters is that you let them go! What's going on with you?" Rai yelled. "You've gotten so slack, so soft!"

Tears were brimming my eyes now, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, didn't Rai realise that I was trying, that I never meant for anything bad to happen?

"I've been trying my best Rai! Not everyone is like you!"

"Yeah! You don't say! If you were like me, you wouldn't be a lazy, good for nothing, sidekick!"

"Fuck you Rai!" I yell, startling Jasper, Piper, Schwoz and Charlotte who had been watching on with worried looks.

"Hey! You don't get to talk to me that way!"

"Then why do you get to talk to me like it!" I countered.

"Because I'm the only real superhero here!" Rai yelled.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I growled.

"It means, you're just a hero. No super. Just hero. You lost your abilities, I'd get just as much help if I hired your sister instead."

"She'd never have taken the job." Jasper, Schwoz and Charlotte said in unison.

"I'd never have taken the job." Piper agreed.

"Really! You answer to that!" I yell, turning to my friends. "You stand there while Rai tells me how horrible of a sidekick I am, and you answer to Piper taking the job!"

My friends look a mixture of taken aback and guilty.

"You're right, but Hen, you're saying stuff as well, Rai's not totally at fault here, plus you let the criminal get away." Charlotte reasoned.