Even When The Dark Comes Crashing Through

Song: You Will Be Found, Dear Evan Hansen
Song: Italics 

Have you ever felt like nobody was there? Have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of no where? Have you ever felt like you could disappear? Like you could fall, and no one would hear. 

I've gone my day to day life acting like I'm fine. I go to work and I'm fine. I fight criminals and I'm fine. I spend time with my family and I'm fine. I always act like I'm fine, but I'm not. 
There are times when I truly wonder if someone would actually care if I just disappeared. 

Well let lonely feeling wash away, cause maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be ok. Cause when you don't feel strong enough to stand, you can reach, reach out your hand.

I know that if I told my friends what was really going on, they would understand, they would help me. Yet there was some part of me that didn't want to burden them. Some part of me that knows that my mental health issues are a burden

And oh, someone will come running. And I know, they'll take you home. 

I've been distancing myself from my friends and they haven't noticed. They haven't noticed that I stop truly smiling. Why haven't they noticed. 

- time skip - 

Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you, and when you're broken on the ground, you will be found. 

Charlotte: Henry, you're late for work. 

Henry: I know.

Charlotte: So are you coming? 

Henry: Yeah. I'll just a little tired. 

Charlotte: Ok, well be here soon. 

With that I roll over and cover myself in my duvet cover. 
I just couldn't find the energy to move. After a good 30 minutes, my door is slammed open and someone marches into my room. The curtains are pulled open causing me squint.

So let the sun come streaming in, cause you'll reach up and you'll rise again, lift your head and look around, you will be found.

"Henry, get up." Piper demands. 

"Leave me alone." 

You will be found.

"Get up, we're getting breakfast." 

You will be found. 

"Please leave me alone." I beg. 

"No, get up. You're an hour late for work." Piper informed me. 

You will be found. 

"I'm not going." 

"That's not what you told Charlotte." 

"Please leave me alone Piper." 

You will be found. 

  "Nope, now get up before I drag your sorry ass out of bed." 

I groan before climbing out of bed and sigh. "If I get breakfast with you, will you leave me alone?" 

"Sure." She nods. I haul myself out of bed. "Meet me down in the kitchen, we are going to Cora Breakfast and Lunch."

- time skip - 

There's a place where we don't have to feel unknown!

We sat down at a small table. Neither of us spoke.