Docked

Warning! Gun violence, drowning, thoughts of giving up and resuscitation (mentioned). Sorry again for being so inactive lately, I've just been a little overwhelmed and burnt out. I needed to take a breather. But, I'm good now... or I think I'm good... we'll see. Also, did you know that in London, where I'm from, it rains 106 days a year on average? It's a good thing I like rain. 

Rai and I ran down the foggy, cold, and very wet road, chasing after the criminal in front of us. I vaulted over a crate of who knows what, landing on my feet effortlessly. Behind me, I heard Rai attempt to do the same. He obviously failed based on the crashing of what was sure to be crates and a body. I hold back a snigger of laughter, instead choosing to keep chasing the criminal Drug Lord, Rick Pond, which was a horrible bad guy name. I could understand if that was his real name, but it wasn't, it was a made up name. His real name was Jack Stonehart, which was decidedly more cool. 

The criminal sharply rounded the corner, trying to throw me off balance. He vanished from sight,   I join him around the corner and-

Smack!

The butt of a gun hit the side of my face, pain blossoming on my temple. Stars exploded across my vision. When my vision cleared, I saw a very dark and threatening, silver gun pointed at me. Gods, where was Rai? 

"Drop your gun, pig." Rick Pond ordered coldly. I wish I didn't have to, but I was in no position to argue. 

You know, I hate it when they call me that. I'm not a cop, I'm not a pig. I don't shoot people for no reason... except maybe Piper, but I never shoot to kill.  So, instead, I forced my face into a neutral expression, trying my best to ignore the pain throbbing in my head and the blood dripping down the side of my head.

I slowly place my stun gun on the ground. Not that I'd ever want to, but it was a little unfair, we use stun guns while the criminals use lethal ones. We started each mission with one foot out the door. It was almost as if I was begging to lose. 

"Good," he mock praised, "now kick it to me." 

I look behind me, no Rai in sight, what the hell is he doing? All I could see in the dense fog was the cold, wet, cement docks and freezing, frigid water, barricaded only by a loose chain rail. With no other option in sight, I grimace and kick the gun, though not to Rick Pond. Instead, I kicked it into the water. 

Rick Pond didn't shout or lash out, instead he remained impassive and calm. He didn't speak for a moment, but when he did, his tone conveyed the most fury I've ever heard. 

"Go get it." He growled. 

"I beg your pardon?" I responded, eyebrows bunching together. "It's like negative 10 degrees mate, and I'm pretty sure the gun is at the bottom of the bay by now, because of, well, you know, this thing called gravity? I don't know if you've heard of it." 

"Did I stutter? Go in and get it." He snapped, clearly irritated by my quips. "Jump in and get it, or I shoot you." 

"Do I get a third option?" I ask hopefully, offering a grin.

Rick didn't respond, instead, he lowered his gun and fired. 

I felt the impact before I felt the pain. I felt myself crumple against the ground. I quickly reached out for one of the crates to steady myself. Pain blossomed in my leg, blood seeped through the fabric of my uniform. I could see the wound, just below my knee, no exit wound. That's not good, but at least it didn't hit bone. 

"Damn." Came Rick Pond's response, he sounded amused. "I was aiming for the knee." He cocked his gun. "Now jump in before I shoot you again, and this time I won't miss."