Ski Trip

Honestly, I had no idea how I got roped into it, but here I was, stuck in the front of my mothers mini van, while Piper and my father sat in the back, my mom drove.

We were on our way to Diamond Hills Ski Resort.

"Dad, you don't even like skiing. Why are we going?" I asked.

"Well Henry, your mom and sister, love skiing, so I thought it'd be a good bonding experience." Dad said trying way to hard to be convincing.

"Mom threatened your toy car didn't she?" I deadpanned.

"Yes." He sighed.

I glared at my mother who had a smirk spread across her face.

I rolled my eyes before plugging in my phone and selecting the Queen album. What can I say? I love Killer Queen.

- time skip -

When we finally made it to the resort, we had listened to Queen twice. When I pull my suitcase and skis from the trunk and head into the lobby, I felt my watch buzz on my wrist.

I hide behind a pine tree and flip the cover.

"What Rai?" I ask.

"How's the ski trip going?"

"Fine. What's up?"

"I was just wondering how it was. I know you're on vacation but I missed you."

"Miss you too, but I have to go check in." I said. Rain nodded. "Say hi to Charlotte for me. I miss her."

Rai smiled.

"You know, I have to say, I love Chenry."

I roll my eyes, but I know I'm blushing. "Bye Rai." I say before flipping my watch close.

I pick up my luggage and head to the lobby where my family were lined up.

As I waited in line, I felt a buzz in my pocket. When I removed my phone, I saw Charlotte had texted me. I smiled.

We continuously texted until I had to check in.

"Next."

"Hi! We're the Hart family." My mom said.

"Of course, rooms 1201 and 1202." The lady says. She hands me a key card.

"Thank you." I say. She smiles as we walk away.

When we head up to the room and unpack, all I'd like to do is flop down on the bed.

So of course that's what I do.

Piper sits on the bed opposite to mine.

"Ok you two, your father and I are going to the room next door, be good." My mother says.

"Fine." Piper says.

"Cool." I grumble.

- time skip -

I pull my headphones from my bag and dial Charlotte's number. It rings. It rings.

"Hey Henry!"

"Hey Charlotte! How's it going in the Man Cave?"

"Pretty good, but I miss you so much!"

"Same, I don't know how I dragged into a ski trip. I'm not even very good."

"Don't worry Henry, it's only for the weekend and plus, you're not coming back until Monday, so you get to miss school."

"As much as I love missing school, I'd rather be there with you." I whine.