Girl Code

TRIGGER WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT AND MENTIONS OF ASSAULT! PLUS SWEARING! 

This will probably be really rather short, and for the first time, it will be just in Piper's point of view. This is also directly taken from my speech from year thirteen. Also, warning, Rai's not going to come off well in this one, he's kind of going to be the... well you'll see. 

Charlotte, Jasper and I were waiting in the Man Cave for Henry and Rai to return. Schwoz was off visiting his sister, which allowed a much needed break from the strange foreign man. I was simply reading an online magazine on the current fashion week going on in Milan when Rai and Henry returned. 

I look up, ready to ask how the mission went, but instead, I'm met with a furious Henry and a annoyed looking Rai. 

"I just think we should look into what she was saying before we do anything we might regret!" Rai argues. 

"Rai, over five others backed her up!" Henry growls back, eyes so filled with rage that I thought he would kill him. 

"Yeah, but how do we know they're telling the truth?" 

"How do we know that he is telling the truth!" 

"Because he seems like a good kid! He's captain of the football team, an A student and has a scholarship!" 

"That doesn't make a difference! He has no alibi and he has no one backing him, this girl does!" 

"I just don't want to ruin this kids life for what could be all a lie, a prank!" Rai yells at Henry. 

"This isn't a prank! This is serious Rai! How are you being so unreasonable!" Henry yells back. 

"Wait, what's going on?" Charlotte asks. 

"I am also confused." Jasper adds. 

Henry takes a deep breath, he quickly makes eye contact with us before looking away uncomfortably. "We got a call about an attack-" 

"Supposed attack." Rai interrupts. 

"Will you shut up!" Henry yells at Rai. "Like I said, we got a call about an attack. When we got there, this girl, Blake Kiara Cavell, she was in the streets. She seemed unharmed except for the fact that she was partially naked and sobbing uncontrollably." Everything started to click, part of me wanted to just tell Henry to stop talking, but I needed to hear the rest. "I managed to calm her down enough to talk to her. That's when she tells me that this guy, Carter Clarkson tried to ask her out. She didn't want to go out with him, apparently she's not into guys, he didn't like that answer. He tried to 'convince' her she was straight." My stomach plummeted. "He raped her and left her." 

"We have no proof he did any of those things." Rai cut in. 

"Rai! We interviewed two of her friends, both saying that Carter was a creepy guy, a guy that didn't like taking no for an answer. We interviewed three of Carter's friends, and they backed her up by saying that Carter had been acting off lately, he seemed to be obsessed with Blake, that he always wanted what he couldn't have and that he'd do anything to get with her! What more do you want! At this moment Blake is getting a rape kit done!" 

"Do you really want to fuck up this kids life because he made a mistake!" 

Henry stepped back, a look of disgust flashed across his face. He seemed to be at a loss for words. Luckily, I wasn't. 

"Girl code." I whisper. 

Rai turns to me, a look of annoyance flashed across his face. "What?" 

"Girl code." I repeat much louder. 

"I don't give a fuck about girl code!" Rai yells at me. 

"Rai do you know what girl code really means?" Charlotte asks, sounding just as pissed as Henry and I, and I assume Jasper based on his expression.