The Truth Will Come Out

"I could do this all day." Rai says staggering.

Oh jeez. He only says that when he's gonna pass out.

I have to help him, but the criminal I was fighting was hard in it's self.

"Steady Cap." I say.

"Ya, ya, I-'' Rai pants before falling down, unconscious.

"Ugh! Captain Man!" I yell. I curse under my breath when I see the other goon walk over to join in the 'fun'.

He socks me in the jaw.

"Dude, what happened to using our words?" I grumble.

They smile and continue fighting.

I realize I was losing after about a minute when I hear a feminine voice.

"That's enough." It orders. They immediately stop and grasp my wrists behind me.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I yell.

"Ghastly boys, born to yell, little secrets do they tell." The voice says. A woman dressed in black with glowing purple eyes walks towards me.

"What do you want lady?" I snapped. She clutched my chin with an acrylic, clawed hand.

I grimaced. Her hands were freezing.

"Keep no secrets, tell no lies, for nothing more do I despise." She chants. Her eyes glow brighter.

She tilts my head back and pours a vial of black liquid into my mouth.

I gag, it burns my throat like flames. The bubbling liquid brought tears to my eyes.

"No lies will come from you, only truths, honesties too." She chants. Her eyes glow darker as she pours a second, silver vial down my throat. I screamed as if I was being drowned. It felt like hell. I could barely breath.

"And finally, the final step, from now until sundown Sunday, spill the secrets you have kept." She says as her eyes become blinding. She pours a golden vial into my mouth.

Pain shoots through me. My throat felt like it was filled with lava.

She smiles.

"Let him go boys." She says.

They drop me to the ground.

"What'd you do to me." I groan though the words were staggering. I heave on all fours. I could barely breathe.

"I just loosened your lips. Now, tell me, who are you?"

I feel a sensation in my throat and eyes. I feel as though I had to tell her the truth.

Just as my will was giving out, Rai knocks them unconscious.

I sigh in relief.

Rai pulls me up.

"Hey Kid, you alright?" He asks.

I'm about to lie, yes, but something inside me forces the truth. "No, my throat really hurts and I feel like I'm about to throw up. I didn't mean to say that."

"Whoa! Your eyes just glowed purple! Wait what do you mean?"

"The witch did something. I can't lie."

"Wait, so you have to tell the truth?"

"Yes. Like then, I had to say yes."

"Hey! When you were forced to tell the truth, your eyes glowed again. Wait, oh god ok, so if someone asked you who Kid Danger is, you'd have to say you?"