Silence (2)

Warning ⚠️
There is content of gun violence in this one shot.

I sat on the u shaped couch reading. My hearing aids, I guess you could call them that, we're on the table.

I was reading when Rai taps me on the shoulder.

"Hey."

"Come on Kid,  hearing chips in. Suspicious activity on Main Street." Rai says. I nod and grab the chips and place them into my ears. I wait for a couple seconds before the sound kicks in.

"Ok! Cool! We haven't had a suspicious activity mission in a while." I say.

"I know we haven't had we. It's nice to shake things up a bit."

"You know, I totally agree."

Rai nods in response.

"Hey guys! Will you stop chatting. Suspicious activity remember?" Charlotte snaps.

"Right."

"Let's blow and go Kid." Rai orders. I nod as I pop a glowing blue gum ball into my mouth.

Once we're changed and Jasper, Charlotte and Schwoz have bid us good luck, we zoom up the tubes.

- time skip -

Once we arrive on Main Street, we hide behind a bush.

After a little while of stake outing, we finally see a woman dressed in all white and black, enter a building. She cautiously looks over her shoulder to see if she was being followed.

A well practiced move by the way she narrowly tilts her head. If not for the well trained eye, it would have been easy to miss.

A single marking rest on the side of her black leather jacket. A symbol of a crossed out wifi logo.

She pulls out a key card with the same marking and scans it before hurrying  I in.

"Come on. She's part of the suspicious activity." I say sternly.

Rai nods obviously have seen what I did.

We dash over to the door and jiggle the handle.

Locked.

Damnit.

"Hold on." Rai says calmly. He pulls out his laser remote and zaps the scanner. It immediately turns green and I hear a silent click.

"Perfect." I mutter.

We enter the building, to find a calm looking lobby.

A lady dressed in blue sits at the counter.

She looks fine enough, until, that it's, you see the small tattoo on her wrist, of the symbol the woman was carrying on her jacket and key card.

"Hello Captain Man, Kid Danger. What a pleasure it is. Is there anything I can do for you this fine day?"

"We're looking for the woman in white and black, she just entered here only a moment ago." Rai says sternly.

The lady, still wearing her sickly sweet smile, tilts her head.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who your talking about." She says in mock concern.

"Then you won't mind us having a look around." I offer.

"Of course not. Have a look."

I push my way into the back room. All that's here is boxes with the same logo.

I lead myself out of the room and behind the counter where she's standing.

"I'm sorry sir, but you're not authorized to be back here. This is for me only."