Pride

I entered the Man Cave with Piper, both staring at our phones. 

"Hey everybody!" I announced, but got no reply. I look up only to find no one around besides Piper and myself. The only evidence that someone was here is the glass of water on the table. "Where is everybody?"

Piper finally tore her gaze away from her phone. "Uh, I don't know."

"Here, let me call Jasper." I say. 

After a couple rings, Jasper picked up.

"Hey Jasp, where are you?" I asked Jasper, staring at him on the screen. 

"Oh, yeah I meant to text you, but Charlotte and I are getting coffee before we come in to work. We were going to surprise everybody but since I have you on the phone, what do you want?" Jasper asked Piper and I. 

"A venti ice coffee for me, with extra base, and with soy milk instead of regular, and caramel syrup mixed in." Piper replies. "Thanks Jasper." 

"Ok, and what about Henry? Wait no, let me guess, it's the same every time, a venti caffe latte with extra steamed milk, with nutmeg syrup mixed in, and cinnamon powder on top. Did I get that right? " He asked. I grin sheepishly. He really knows me. 

"Yes, Jasper, you got it right." I chuckle. 

"Alright, see you in ten." 

"Wait Jasper, where's Rai?" I ask. 

"Never mind that Jasper." Piper calls from over at the desk.

"Ok, bye." Jasper says before hanging up. 

"Why? Did you find something?" I ask my sister. 

"Yeah, Rai left a note. He says that he and Schwoz had to pick up some Captain Man merchandise that just came in, and that if there's an emergency just go yourself. Classic Rai." 

"Yeah, whatever, but you were leading his fan club for 4 years, so you can't really say much." I sniggered. 

"Whatever, that was before I knew the guy." Piper said, defending herself. 

"Yeah, whatever you say, but you were obsessed with Rai for years, and you had a crush on me." I say, gagging at the thought. 

"I did not!" Piper snapped.

"Uh huh." I laugh. 

Piper stomps over, which was kind of funny considering she's not even 5 foot, and knees me in the stomach. 

I gasp as the wind is knocked out of me. 

"Now who's laughing." She jokes as I try to catch my breath.

"Whatever, can you get me some water?" I heave.

She rolls her eyes before grabbing the glass of water that had been left on the table. In normal times, I wouldn't drink someone else's stuff, but I was kind of desperate, so I drank it. 

It tasted ok, albeit a little bit sour, which was kind of odd but I figured it had been left out a while. After I cleared the glass of it's contents, I sat down at the couch with my sister, placing the glass on the table. 

After a few minutes, I kind of felt weird, Piper must have noticed because she quickly asked if I was ok. 

"Yeah, no, I'm fine, I just feel a little funny." I reply shakily.