Found

Warning ⚠️
There is mention of torture and murder in this one shot.

"Henry?" A man asks.

I look up. I know that name. That's my name. Though I haven't heard that name in a year. Yet when I look up, there's a man, a man I also hadn't seen in a year, saying my name.

"Rai?" 

"Ya Kid it's me." He says. He blasts my chains off.

"I never thought I'd see you again." I say. My voice was rough and raspy after days of torture.

"I looked for you. I looked for you for 393 days. Just over a year."

"What happened to Charlotte?"

"She still works with me. We've been looking for you together." He replies.

"And Jasper?"

"He still works with me too."

"And my family?"

Silence.

"Rai, what happened to my family?"

"A good 4 months after you were kidnapped, your mum killed herself." Rai said grimly. "A month after she died, your father left."

"And Piper?"

"She's fine. She lives with Charlotte's family   now."

"Does she know?" I ask.

"Ya Kid, she knows. I told her right after your parents... well you know."

I nod awkwardly.

"Kid, we should get out of here." Rai says.

I silently agree.

He helps me up. We silently exit the fortress Minyak and Cohort kept me in.

As I exit it, I realize that it was literally in the middle of no where. Everything was pitch black so it had to be early in the morning, possibly 1 am?

I remember the day I had been captured. It was a simple mission really. Minyak was causing mayhem on Main Street and Rai was too tired from the late night mission the night before, so naturally, I went alone. It turns out it was a trick to lure me in.

They knocked me out and kidnapped me. They tortured me. Usually heavy jets of freezing water, starving me and low doses of electricity.
Minyak was careful, he never wanted to kill me, he just wanted revenge for all the times we bet him.

I always scratched the days that had gone by on the walls. Hoping that some day Rai would find and rescue me.

And now he has.

"Henry?"

I look up. We've made it to the Man Copter.

"Sorry." I murmur.

He nods as we climb into the Man Copter.

I lean back in the seat. It feels like heaven against my back. Over the last year, all I've had to sleep on was a cot with a very thin mattress, pillow and very thin blanket that let in no heat.

Once we take off, I felt myself start to drift off. I probably should have fought it, but I didn't. I was exhausted.

- time skip -

"-nry? We're back." Rai says waking me up.

I open my eyes. I nod and push myself out of my seat. I walk into the hidden back entrance. Two platforms stand firmly where they always are.