Fire

"Hey, Hen, Rai, there's a fire at Mount Swellview Elementary! Get there quickly! There's kids inside!"

"On it! Let's blow a bubble-''

"And get those kids out of trouble." I finish.

Rai smiles at me before running to the tubes.

"Up the tube!" Rai orders.

- time skip -

When I jump out of the Man Van, I instantly see the school engulfed in flames. Smoke fills me lungs.

"Kid? You going to be alright?" Rai asks.

I nod stiffly.

"Thank goodness you're here! Peggy, Harry, Luke, Natasha and Meredith, are still in the school. Harry and Peggy are on the second floor, while Natasha, Luke and Meredith are on the third. Hurry! Please!" A teacher says quickly.

We nod and run off to the school.

I activate my comm.

"Rai! You take the second floor, I'll take the third. Ok?"

"Ok Henry, be safe."

"I will." I respond as I run up the last set of stairs.

"Natasha! Meredith! Luke! Where are you?" I yell. "It's Kid Danger!"

"In here!" I hear a young girl shout.

I run through the flames towards the sound.

I push my way into a classroom where I heard the girl call. Trapped under a pile of burning desks were the three kids.

"Hold on, I'm going to get you out of there." I say. I pull pieces of fiery wood off the children. Though the wood is burning hot, my gloves protect my hands.

"Kid! How's it coming up there?"

"I'm barely started."

"Hurry Kid, the fire is getting worse in the basement and it's rising!" Rai says.

"Got it!" I reply. I pull a red headed little girl out of the rubble.

"What's your name?" I ask the girl while I work.

"Nat Roman." She says.

"Hi Nat, I'm gonna ask you to get really close to me." I say as I see falling rubble from the ceiling. The intense smoke was making my voice raspy.

She nods.

I feel her crouch down behind my back.

Next I have the boy. He has blond hair that was caked with ash.

"Ok Luke, same with you. Keep low." I order.

"Kid! You need to get out to there!" Rai yells.

"I've got one more kid to get out! I'm going as fast as I can!" I yell back.

Finally I pull a brown haired Meredith from the rubble.

"Ok guys. It's pretty bad out there. Worse than in here, so I need you to keep as close to me as possible!" They nod. "Ok, 3, 2, 1!"

They latch onto my side as we run towards the door. We run down the steps as fast as possible. A piece of falling debris burns the side of my face.

I cry out in pain.

"Henry!"

"Kid Danger!" Meredith yells.

"I'm fine Meredith, keep running!"

We're at the last set when I feel the floor giving out. I see Rai shouting at me to run.