Side Effects

Episode: A New Evil/A New Darkness

"See you in the dark ages." Rick Twitler said.

I felt like my soul had been ripped from my body.

"Henry? Are you ok?" Rai asked.

I try to respond but I couldn't.

"Henry. Speak to me bud, how can I help?"

My head was spinning, everything was so intensified. I could hear everything, my heart, Rai's heart, the booming shift of the metal on Rai's back. And that was only the sound. The vision was worse. I could see everything like it was intensified. It made my want to puke.

"Henry? Are you ok?" Rai asked. I felt terrible.

I heard Rai dial a number. The painful bing rang in my ears.

"Charlotte?" I hear Rai say.

Silence.

"Ya, I'm fine, Henry's not though, he lost his hypermotility and I think he's reacting weird to it."

Silence again.

"Well he's unresponsive and I'm looking in his eyes, but I don't think he's there." Rai explained.

I tried to show Rai that I was ok, but I couldn't.

"Ya, you better come, quickly." Rai said.

After about 5 minutes, I hear Schwoz run in.

"Hey, Henry, can you hear me?" Schwoz asks.

I try to nod or say something but I couldn't. I curled in on myself. I rested my head on the floor.

"Ok Henry, if you can hear me, I'm going to scan you." Schwoz said.

I whimper softly.

After a few moments, I feel Rai's hand on my shoulder.

I curl into fetal position. His hand felt like fire.

"Ok, Henry was awake when he lost his hypermotility, this is correct?" Schwoz asked.

"Yes." Rai said, he rubbed his hand on my shoulder. It felt like he was tearing my skin off, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Well there's a reason why, we gave Henry hypermotility when he was unconscious. The receiving and removal of hypermotility is hard and stressful on the body. The effects are lessened when he was unconscious, but since he was awake, he is experiencing the full effects."

"W-What effects?" Rai stammered. Worry dripped from his voice like water.

"Um, let me see, he's in a great deal of pain, his senses are heightened to 11, I don't know if that's permanent, and he's highly prone to seizures until the effects wear off. We should take him back to the Man Cave." Schwoz suggests.

Pain shoots through me.

Schwoz was right. Of course. Rai continues to rub my shoulder. It feels like he was setting fire to my skin. The skin tight suit felt like it was squeezing me to death. And the mask, oh god the mask. The mask felt like it was melting my face.

"Henry, can you move?"

I breathe a sigh of relief as Rai finally takes his hand off. But quickly the relief is replaced with pain. Rai picked me up bridal style.

Tears brimmed my eyes. But I couldn't open my eyes or the harsh, bright lights, would be seen again.

I try to get out but I can't. I can barely move.