Sold

"Guys!" Charlotte called out.

"What's up Char?" I ask.

"Video message."

"On it, come on Rai." I say.

"Ya, ya." Rai says.

Charlotte quickly blocks our side before answering the call.

An odd looking man with way too much black eyeliner appears on screen. He dresses in red and black leather that is clearly fake.

"Hello Captain Man, Kid Danger." The man says with a way too obvious try hard ominous voice.

"Hello whoever you are." Rai replies. "What do you need."

"I need you and Kid Danger at the Old Maple Grill in 15 minutes, unarmed."

"And if we don't?" I ask.

"I shoot her." He says, he steps aside to reveal a 20 odd year old woman.

"Wait, wait, wait! Don't shoot!" I yell. I take a breath. "We'll be there."

"Unarmed?" The man confirmed.

Rai looks at me before sighing.

"Unarmed." He replies.

"I'll see you soon."

Charlotte ends the video call.

"What are you going to do?" Jasper asks.

"It's an armed hostage situation. We don't have a choice. We have to follow his orders." Rai sighed.

"What? Surrender? Enter unarmed?" Charlotte gasped.

"I'm afraid so." Rai confirmed.

I watch as Rai transforms into Captain Man and sets down his weapons.

"Alright." I sigh. I transform into uniform before dropping my weapons on the desk.

"Remember, this is an armed hostage situation. This can be very dangerous." Rai reminds me.

"I know that." I say.

"I know you know that, but in this job, you've been shot twice, choked, given a disease, and electrocuted. I don't want you hurt." Rai says.

I grimace at the memories.

"I'll be ok." I persist.

"Guys, you have 10 minutes." Schwoz reminds us.

"Right, Rai lets go." I say.

We dash under the tubes.

"Up the tube!" Rai calls.

- time skip -

We stand outside the all to familiar Old Maple Grill. Memories of my time undercover as a Wall Dog, flood my mind.

"Lets do this."

We enter the building to find the walls still painted in its graffitied glory.

I open the door. It's different. They must have replaced it after Rai kicked and punched 4 holes in it.

We walk in, hands in the air.

I immediately see the ring leader, surrounds him are a new generation of Wall Dogs. Though I do recognize several old members, Two Canz and Beyonspray. When I finally take a look at the leader, I realize him to be T-Paint.

The hostage cowers under the hold of two new generation Wall Dogs.

"How nice of you to visit." T-Paint says.