Ancient History

Warning ⚠️
This one shot includes a scene of gun violence.

"Come on Henry! We're losing him!" Rai yells as we speed after the criminal.

"I'm trying my best here!" I call back.

The criminal bolts across the street and turns to see if we're following. He's at the end of the street. The only choice is to turn back and try to outrun us again.

I skid to a halt in front of a window of a shop.

"Captain, what's the plan?"

"He's trapped, he has to turn around, in which case we go diagonally across the road and cut him off."

"Good plan, we just have to-" I start, turning my gaze away from the thug, when I feel a sharp pain shoot through my chest.

I collapse to the ground.

Rai rushes down to my side.

"Oh dear god!"

He presses a hand to my chest, I can't help the pained groan escape my lips.

"Captain, he's escaping. I'll get Piper to come fix me." I painfully wheeze.

I see Rai quickly glance at the escaping criminal before looking back at me.

"Fine! But if you die, I'm going to kill you!" Rai threatens.

I roll my eyes as Rai sprints after him.

I shakily lift my hand and flip up my watch. 

It rings twice before Charlotte answers.

"Hey- oh my god! What happened?"

"In a nutshell, I've been shot. Rai's continued to chase the criminal. I need medical assistance, send my sister." I gasp out.

"Ok Hen- er - Kid Danger, relax, we're sending her right now."

I nod quickly before shutting off my watch.

I close my eyes but quickly open them. I can't risk falling asleep.

I continue to press my hand against the bullet wound. It yells back in protest by shooting pain through me but I continue for the sake of my life.

- time skip -

Groggily I see my sister rushing towards me.

I blink blearily and she's in front of me. She's wearing a mask similar to mine as well as a black jacket with the Captain Man and Kid Danger logo.

"Holy shit! Blood... that's a lot of blood." Piper says uneasily.

"Yeah, it's all mine, so can you help?" I gasp out.

Piper nods her head stiffly and hauls off her medical bag strapped around her back.

She pulls out a tube and a pint of blood. She lays it down gently.

She the pulls out a roll of bandage wrap, a scarily large pair of tweezers and a clamp, then lastly a white facecloth.

"Ok, this is gonna hurt like bejesus so brace yourself." Piper warns me before opening the clamp and pulling back the skin near the wound.

I cry out in pain

"I know, I know I'm sorry." Piper apologizes.

"It's fine." I wheeze.

"What can I do for you to distract you?" She asks anxiously. "There has to be something."

"I- gah - I don't know." I say, interrupting myself with a cry of of pain as Piper accidentally applies too much pressure on my wound.