Shocked

Episode: A Tale of Two Pipers
Reference Game: Divergent

"Ok guys, this has to be the weirdest day in history." Piper laughed as we lounged around the Man Cave. 

"Nope, not even close." Jasper laughed. 

"What could honestly be weirder than meeting a dystopian, futuristic, version of me?"

"Honestly, we've had weirder. We had an old version of Rai, knights from a different reality, Henry and I went to a different reality. This is nothing." Charlotte laughed. 

"Our life is so weird." Piper joked. 

"Tell me about it." Rai smiled. 

I was trying to pay attention, I really was. I could see my friends laughing and having a good time, but I was feeling... weird. 

"I'm so glad that the party thing worked out too." Schwoz added.

"Same, it was a great idea to include the robot too." Charlotte pointed out. 

"Yeah, where did we put it after?" Piper asked. 

"Oh I destroyed it and I'm going to experiment on the parts." Schwoz explained. 

I could feel my ears ringing, my head was spinning. My whole body was aching. My ears were starting to hurt from the ringing. I go to move my hands to cover them, possibly to soften the noise, but my arms were feeling too heavy. 

"What do you think you'll find?" Charlotte asks. 

"I have no idea but whatever it is, it could help me discover a way to prevent the Robot War of the future." Said Schwoz. 

"That's great Schwoz, because please, I do not want to end up looking like that." Piper pleaded.

"Yeah, I will try my best." Schwoz left. 

I start to feel lightheaded and a little woozy. Everything around me was starting to blur. 

"Oh hey, do you think you will figure out the robots abilities? Like how did he, it, the robot, time travel, manipulate electricity like that." 

"I don't really know but I'm looking into it." Schwoz replied. "Speaking of, how are you doing Henry?" 

My mind was weaving in and out of consciousness. My body was in a quiet agony. Not strong enough for me to cry out, but enough that my senses were muddled with confusion. My muscles felt like they were tensing up and starting to twitch. I was beginning to lose control over the spasms that were slowly racking my body. 

"Henry?" Charlotte calls, though her voice sounded far off, like I was underwater and she was calling from the surface. 

"I'm gonna get some water." I say, though for some reason even my voice sounded far off and sluggish. 

"Henry are you ok?" Rai asked, or was it Jasper? All the voices were suddenly starting to mix together like some sick sort of confusing smoothie. My vision was starting to go dark.

"I'm- I-" I go to place my hand on the autosnack screen but the darkness in my vision overtook me, and suddenly all I felt was my body hitting the floor and a loud shout from my sister. 

Piper's Point of View

How did we not notice? How did we not immediately check up on Henry after that robot bitch electrocuted him! He was so pale all afternoon. I heard his cries of pain when he was being electrocuted but I was so caught up in the moment that I never followed up with him. 

We were all just talking, we didn't notice that he wasn't laughing with us. How did I not notice the fact that my big brother was so clearly in pain. I think I might have seen him wince and his hands twitched toward his ears but he never, so I wrote it off. Why did I write it off?