New York

Also fun fact, I recently learned that although Jace Norman is 19, turning 20 on March 21st,(Which is also my birthday), canonically Henry is only 17. 

"I can't believe we're in NYC!" Charlotte squealed. "On New Year's Eve no less!"

"I know! It's so crazy!"

"I can't believe it, I've always wanted to come here."

"I know you have, that's why we're here." I say as I watch her expression alight with excitement.

"Where should we go first? We could grab something to eat? Or we could shop? Or we could go straight to Time's Square? Or we could-"

"Charlotte, chill! We are here for a week, we cab afford to relax a little. And besides, we should head to the hotel first to drop off our bags before we do anything." I explain.

Charlotte nods at the reasoning. "You're right, I know. I'm just really excited to be here."

"I know you are, now lets go check into the hotel so we can go get something to eat first."

Charlotte nods excitedly.

- time skip -

After Charlotte and I got showers from flying for so long and got into some more stylish clothes than our workout pants, joggers, and hoodies.

Charlotte exits the bathroom and my god! She looks like an angel.

"How do I look? New York worthy?"

I must have been staring because she snapped her fingers to alert me.

"You look amazing."

Charlotte's cheeks heat up at my comment.

"You don't look so bad yourself." She replies.

"Ready to go get something to eat?"

"Absolutely. Do you want to go to Five Guys? I've wanted to go there for ages."

"Ugh, I know. Let's do it."

- time skip -

Once we had eaten and shopped around a bit, it had gotten late.

"Hey Hen? It's 11 o'clock. Do you want to head to time square."

"Um, yeah, might as well."

We start walking over to the famed square of NYC, and I don't know if it's just the magic of New Year's Eve, but Charlotte had never looked so beautiful to me before now.

All I wanted to do was wrap her in my arms.

Hold her close.

Never let go.

And just kiss her.

No. I can't think like that. She doesn't like me like that. I don't like her like that. It's just the magic of New Year's.

Before I realize it, we were standing in Time Square.

We push our way closer so we can see the giant screen.

Two minutes to midnight.

I can do this. I'm just not going to think about how beautiful my best friend is. She's gorgeous yes, but I'm not in love with her.

"Ah this is so exciting!" Charlotte squealed, clutching her shopping bags close to her. 

30 seconds till midnight. 

"I know! It will be a whole new decade." 

I stare lovingly into her eyes at the memories of our soon to be full decade together. Even though I'm over the age of ten and I've had my own personal decade, this will be my first full decade come to past, and I get to spend the last, what, 15 seconds, with the love of my-

With my best friend. 

"10." Charlotte chants.

"9." I repeat. 

"8."

My pulse quickens as she stares at me smiling and takes my hands in hers. 

"7." I say. 

"6." Charlotte says excitedly. 

"5." 

"4."

"3." We say together. "2, 1." 

"Happy New Year!" Charlotte and the rest of Time Square. 

I pull her into my arms and feel my lips against hers. 

She pulls away and looks up at me in shock before cocking her head to the side and standing on her tiptoes and kissing me again. 

When she finally pulls away, she's smiling. 

"Happy New Year Charlotte." 

Sorry that was so short and a total of 8 days late but I've been super busy and I have Midterms coming up in three weeks so I've been studying. 
Hope you guys liked it.