You're Made Of Stars

This is gonna be short but this came to me in a dream.

Charlotte was made of light. She was the universe. She was made so delicately by a glorious being who took great care in making her perfect. She radiated hope and happiness. She was made of stars.

When she moved, it was like a delicate dance. Her laugh made angels stop and listen. Her eyes shone like a fresh, hot cup of cocoa on a cold day. She smiled at you like you were the only thing that mattered. She walked the universe's line since she was born, making it known she would never cross. She was perfect. She never crossed. Never.

I was thrown together at the last moment. I was the discarded scraps made only because the creator needed to get the numbers for the quarter. I was filled with the stuff that was left over from the perfect beings. My eyes didn't shine. My smile didn't spark a domino effect.
I wasn't evil, I hadn't been that little cared for, but I wasn't like Charlotte.
I toed the line since I was born. I crossed it, I broke it, I defied it.
I crossed it every chance I got.

Oh, the line is behind me, I've crossed it again. They think, 'Well Henry's lost it again.'
Maybe it's true. Maybe I had lost it. Maybe I never had it in the first place. But now, here I am, sitting on the top of the Swellview sign's 's'. I looked out into the distance, to a city filled with people made of velvet and silk, of crystals and roses, and here I was, made of the scraps no one wanted. But no one compared to Charlotte. Charlotte wasn't just made of light, it was like she was the universe herself. She could tell me to jump and I would. But if she told me not to, that would create an awkward situation.

"Henry." Her delicate voice called softly. I look back at her, she was in the same place I'd left her. "Henry come down."

"You're beautiful."

"So are you." She replied. "You're a beautiful person Henry."

I'd tricked the universe. I'd lured her in with clever jokes and daring tales of adventures, I tricked her, and now it was too late. I had held her in my arms and made her my friend, made her more, but I'd never deserved her. Well no one really did deserve the universe, but especially not me.

"Henry can you come down?"

"You're made of light, do you know that?" I asked her. She never responded. "You're made of light and satin."

"Henry please, you're scaring me." That hurt me. I never wanted to scare her. She deserved only the best, she didn't deserve someone like me. Someone made of scraps. She deserved someone made of silk and roses. Someone made of seashells and warm summer breezes. She didn't deserve my mess.

"You deserve more. You don't deserve me."

"You're right." She called. "I don't deserve you. You're too perfect, you're too amazing and loving, you bring me spicy Thai food when I'm on my period because you know that's what I crave. You bought me a octopus stuffie for Valentines day because you know I love octopi. You are amazing Henry."

"You're wrong. I'm not amazing. I've never been. I've basked in your light and it's made me transcendent, but it's not me. It's you."

"No, no listen to me, you're my everything, I need you."

The universe needs me. It didn't seem like something that should exist. The universe needs someone as leftover as me. Even after I've crossed her line time after time. I'd abandoned her rules, I'd forgotten her teachings, and here I was sitting on the 'S' with the universe begging, just this once to not cross her line.

"Please." She said, her voice breaking.

I slowly climbed down, because in truth, who was I to deny the universe? When my foot met the ground and I stood not making a move, she held out a tentative hand, her beautiful face was stricken with sadness. I had hurt the universe, I had hurt such a wonderful person.

"Why do you want me? You're made of light and hope. I'm just the leftovers no one really wanted." I said sadly.

She took my hands in both of hers, cupping them like she would never let go. "Oh Henry, you're made of so much more." She pulled me into her soft embrace. I felt her cheek against mine, her long, delicate curls tickling my neck. I could sense a smile on her soft features. "You're made of stars."

I don't know why I wanted to write this so bad but I think it's super cute.
Anywho, I hope you all had great holidays and a wonderful New Year. Happy 2021!
Cheers!