Doubts

Warning ⚠️!
This chapter has content that involves self harm and slight depression.

It was 4 in the morning when I here the famous triple beep.

Damnit. Rai I have a math test first period. And god. I don't think I'm ready.

"Ya Rai?" I say grumpily.

"Suit up, Minyak is robbing a jewellery store."

"Ya ok."

I grumble as I blow my bubble. I climb out the window and down the tree. Days like this, I wish I'd just never gone to the interview.

I run towards Junk n' Stuff because I can not disappoint Rai.

Zooming down the tubes I barely pay attention to the amazing feeling of it.

"Hey Kid! C'mon let's go." Rai exclaims.

"Mhmm." I say barely paying attention.

"Kid, you good?" Rai asks, his enthusiasm dropping.

"Ya. Let's just get this over with. I have a test in 4 hours." I mutter.

Rai looks unsure but nods as we head up the tube.

- time skip -

As I was leaving the bathroom and entering the common room, I hear Charlotte and Rai.

"Charlotte, have you noticed anything different about Henry?" Rai asks.

"Now that you mention it, ya. He never wants to go out and he's been flunking behind on his school work." Charlotte admits.

"Ya, the last few missions we've went on, he's barely even cared. He just seems to not want to go."

"I don't know what's up with him." Charlotte says.

I clear my throat as I head in. They look at me with questioning looks.

"Hey, Hen? Are you ok?"

"Ya. I'm fine."

"Kid, we're just worried about you. You have been grumpy and sad the last few days. Even when we go on missions, you love going on missions."

"I know Rai, but, it's just-''

"Kid you can tell me."

"Never mind. I'm fine." I say.

"Kid, if you need to talk, I'm always here."

"It's fine Rai. I should be heading home. It's almost dinner."

Rai nods as he watches me walk into the elevator.

Rai's Point Of View

There's definitely something wrong with Henry. Like Charlotte said, his grades are slipping, he seems sad and he just hasn't been happy to go on missions. Maybe it's because he lost his powers, but I just don't think that's it.

Maybe he's just tired. Maybe that's it. But that doesn't seem right either.

Maybe I'll call him. I'll tell Schwoz two just stay out of the commons and I'll tell Jasper and Charlotte to head home early. I really do need to talk with him. Ya that's what I'll do.

"Charlotte, can you and Jasper leave early, I really need to talk with Henry, and it'd be better if it was private."

They nod.

"But Rai, I'm going over there now to talk. I'll send him to you after."

I nod.