Avalanche (2)

Just a quick note, this will be short as it's just a follow up from an old chapter, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.

"What the absolute hell!" Piper yelled through the phone. I pull the phone away from my ear so I don't go deaf.

"Piper just listen for a moment-"

"Nuh uh, you listen to me. You are going to get someone to drive the helicopter to Turks and Caicos or I swear to god I will rip you limb to limb! Yes, I know that it is physically impossible, but I will find a way!"

"What about your friends?" I ask timidly.

"They don't matter. They'll be fine on their own. I'll just tell them I had to go home for a family matter. Which is technically true considering you caused an avalanche that nearly killed my brother!" Piper yelled.

"In my defence, I didn't think it would actually happen."

"How does that make it any better!"

"Well I guess it doesn't but-"

"But nothing! You better have someone on the way to pick me up!"

"Yes of course."

"Good!" Piper shouted.

She immediately hung up.

"Yikes." Charlotte laughs. "I kind of wish Henry was awake for this."

"I don't. I don't want to see his stupid shit-eating grin when Piper murders me. Oh, Charlotte, for that, you have to go pick up Piper."

Charlotte's face fell. "What! No! She won't shut up until we get back!"

"Yeah, well, that's for laughing at me. So ha."

- time skip -

"What the hell did you do! You caused an avalanche! How stupid are you!" Piper yelled. I leap up, more frightened than I'd ever been, from the couch as a Piper stormed in, a scary 4'11 woman of fury. 

"Accidentally. Key word here, accidentally." I defend myself. 

"Where is he!" She yelled, her eyes filled with fire.

"Now Piper, relax, Rai didn't mean to cause an avalanche and your brother only has a minor case of hypothermia and a rolled ankle, which is already healing quite well." Charlotte reasoned, looking just as hesitant around the blonde as I felt.

"A mild case of hypothermia is still bad Char! And a rolled ankle isn't a walk in the park either! You know why? Because with a rolled ankle, you can't take a walk in the park!" She said sarcastically.

"Hey everybody- oh Piper's here, yay." Jasper said awkwardly as he came from where I knew Henry was sleeping.

"Jasper, how is he?" Piper asked, lunging towards him causing him to jump in surprise.

"Gah!" Jasper shrieked. "He's uh, he's fine! He's asleep but he's fine. Schwoz added a heated blanket to his bed so his temperature is rising back to normality as we speak." He said rather loudly. 

"Good, that's- that's good." Piper sighed, looking older than she was. It never really occurred to me how Henry's profession affected Piper.

I only ever thought of myself when something happened, how I was affected, but Henry was Piper's only brother. Her legitimate family. It must be crazy stressful to hear news that something's happened to her brother on the job.

"Piper, I know this must be hard on you-" I start.

"No Rai, this part isn't hard. I'm used to this by now, what's hard is that you were so incredibly dumb to cause an avalanche!" She yelled. Well that took a different turn than I anticipated. "You, Rai Manchester, caused a gods damned avalanche because what? Because you thought it would be fun? You were being your usual immature self?"

"It was beautiful ok!"

"It doesn't matter guys, I mean it does, but guys, you're focusing on the wrong thing." Charlotte reminds us. 

Piper takes a deep breath, still looking pissed but considerably less so. "Fine. Just someone take me to my brother." 

Jasper nods, leading her towards where Henry was sleeping. This wasn't going to end well for me. The look on Charlotte's face only confirmed that. 

Piper's Point of View

When I entered Henry's room, I was hit with overwhelming heat. Quickly I discard my jacket and tie my hair up. In the far corner of the room was the bed where Henry was sleeping peacefully, quiet snores were the only sound. I walk over and sit on the bed, rubbing Henry's shoulder. He opens his eyes slightly. When he sees me he smiles softly. 

"Hmm." He hums quietly. "Piper." 

"Hey Henry, you gave me a scare there." 

"Sorry." He slurs, still half asleep. 

"No, don't do that, it's not your fault, it's your idiot boss's." 

"Hmm, yeah, he said Charlotte and I were shagging." 

"Not what I meant - wait, you and Charlotte are shagging?" I ask incredulously. 

"No." He sighs tiredly. 

"Alright sleeping beauty." I laugh. 

"Pipes?" 

"Yeah Hen?" 

"Can you stay here for a bit?" He asks tiredly. 

"Yeah, of course." 

I lie down next to him, careful to avoid his swollen ankle. He hums quietly before closing his eyes. After a while, his breathing evened out, I could have sworn he'd fallen asleep. This was proven false though when he speaks. "Piper?" 

"Yeah Henry?" 

"Will you hit Rai over the head with the biggest book you own?" 

I laugh, smirking as I thought of the oncoming revenge. "I've got just the book." 

Holy shit, three chapters in three days! That's a lot! I should go to sleep. It's currently 3:30 in the morning. Eh, I'll be fine. But the rest of you, if it's late, go to sleep! Don't be like me! Cheers!