Accused (1)

Warning ⚠️
This chapter includes murder of a minor character and scenes include a lot of blood.
Just as a note, you pronounce Maize and may-zee and Jaclyn as jack-lin. Thanks enjoy. I also don't actually know the middle names of some characters minus Henry. I just made them up.

I sat at the front of the court room anxiously.

"All rise for judge Maria Rose."

We all stood, nervous shivers racked my body.

"Please be seated." I sit back in my chair. "Case 43679, the People versus Mr Henry Prudence Hart for the murder of Maize Jaclyn Queen, is now in service." 

- time skip -
7 days earlier

The Queens have always hated Captain Man and Kid Danger. We've always hated them.
They publicly posted how we were actually a menace to society. Vigilantes who did more harm than good. Which, to be honest, I didn't understand. We protected the city, but they didn't see it that way.

Especially the eldest daughter, Maize Queen. When I first met her, I thought she hated us. When I was finished talking, arguing really, I knew I was wrong. She didn't hate us, she loathed us.

And while loads of people didn't listen to what the Queens said, loads more did. They were very influential people, high in politics and CEOs of billion dollar companies.

But less about that, more about how I was on a mission to protect the Queens Mansion.

A promised threat had been sent to the Queens on the murder of the whole Queen family tonight.

"Ok Kid, remember the details?" Rai asks me.

"Ya, of course. Guard the Queens. Question everything." I reply.

Once we reached the Queens Mansion, Rai does the special knock to the beat of the Harry Potter opening.

Godrick, the body guard, opens the door slightly. He catches my eye and opens the door.

"Hello Mr. Man, Mr. Danger." Godrick says in a very mannerly tone that had a sort of mock to it.

"Captain Man is fine, Godrick." Rai sneered.

"Suggestion noted Mr. Man." Godrick replied with the same mocking manner.

"Whatever. Where are the Queens?" I ask.

"Mrs. Jaclyn Queen is in her room. Second room to the right, second floor. Mr. Jake Queen, the youngest, is in his room. First room to the left. Maize Queen is in hers. Second room to the left." Godrick answered.

"Perfect." I say.

"I'll take Jaclyn and Jake, you take Maize." Rai orders.

"On it."

We race up the steps, much to Godrick's disapproval, I could have sworn I heard him say something about the mud.

I walk down to Maize's room.

I hesitantly knock on the door.

When she opens the door and sees me, her eyes darken and her nostrils flare.

"Please don't tell me you're guarding me." She snaps.

"I don't like it either, trust me." I sigh.

"Well come in, I guess, just don't touch anything."

"Can I touch the floor?" I mock.

"Watch it." She growls.