Sniffles

Just a fair warning, this will be short. Like 1000 words maximum. This is going to be a sibling fluff.

I groan as I place my head in my hands. My head was throbbing. I've had a head cold for about a week now.

"You good Kid?" Rai asks.

"Ya, just a headache."

"Are you sure?" Rai asks. "You've been sick for about a week now."

I roll my eyes at his overreaction.

"Rai, it's a common cold."

"Last time you had a headache as well." Rai said, expressing his concerns.

"Dude, the difference is, last time I was sick, it was because Schwoz made some crazy ass disease."

"Hey!" Schwoz snapped.

"Dude." I say.

"That's fair." Schwoz replied.

"But you never know." Rai persists.

"I do know. There's no possible way for me to have Green Fingers. As soon as your infected, your fingers go green. Also, I nearly died 24 hours in. It's been a week."

"Ok, that's fair, but what if-''

"Rai, drop it." I snap.

My friends look at me with taken aback expressions.

"Headache." I mutter.

They nod.

"Look, Henry, I know you don't really trust me after I spied on you before, but take a few days off. Rest up, eat some brown soup and just chill."

"What if there's an emergency?" I ask.

"Dude, I fought crime at age 15 alone, for 22 years before you, I can manage." Rai protested.

I huff before finally giving in.

"Fine. I'll go home." I mutter.

I lift myself from the U shape couch and head over to the autosnack.

"Brown soup, in a thermos." I order. "And Earl Grey, extra milk."

"Brown soup in a thermos and Earl Grey, extra milk." The machine reads back to me.

I take my travel mug and thermos before saying a goodbye to my friends.

"Bye Kid." Rai says.

"See you Henry." Jasper adds.

"Feel better." Charlotte wishes me.

"Get some rest." Schwoz orders.

I nod before entering the elevator.

I wave before hitting the up button.

I head through Junk N' Stuff and climb into my truck.

I sniffle a few times at my runny nose. I run my hands over my puffy eyes. I run my hands through my hair, minimizing the gel, forcing it to start to flop down on the sides.

I finally start my car and drive out of my parking space by the side of the store.

-.-.-.-.-

I pull into the driveway and unlock the house.

I walk in to find Piper lounging on the couch.

"Hey Piper." I groan.

"Hey, are you ok?" She asks.

"'m fine." I mutter, but my stuffy nose made my words foggy.

"You don't sound fine." Piper says, with genuine concern. "Do you need anything?"

"Tea would be good." I mumble.

"Sure." She agrees.

I pull a blanket off the couch and wrap it around me like a snuggy and climb the steps.

"Henry," Piper calls, "you sure it's just a flu?"

"Yes. I'm super sure." I sigh. 

I continue to my room.

I curl up under my sheets, duvet and snuggy like blanket sink into the cloud like mattress.

I almost fell asleep when Piper walks through the door.

"Sorry." She apologizes softly.

I stick my head up from under the covers. I blink my eyes a few times to clear the sleep from my eyes.

"Hey." She says. She hands me a white mug with a red knit sleeve around it. I accept it gratefully. I sip the hot tea.

"Are you going to sit?" I ask.

"Oh, uh sure." She says. She sits by me with her mug.

"I remember once, when we were kids, you were sick. And you were so upset because you were going to miss Marla's birthday party." I say. "So I went up to your room and asked-''

"Do you want me to read you a story." Piper finishes with a smile.

"That's right." I say. "You loved being read to. I read you tons of books, and we drank hot chocolate in bed and then the week after, I got sick, and you did the same for me. But because you were 5, you totally botched the words."

Piper laughs and lightly punches me in the arm.

I smile at her.

I take another sip of my tea.

"I remember." She says. "We got along so well when we were young."

I nod.

She smiles at me, I hear a familiar ding of her phone. That's Marla's ringtone. Why do I know that?

I see her hand go to grab her phone, but to my surprise, she turns it on vibrate.

"Thanks." I say. She smiles.

I quickly turn to sneeze.

"Ugh! Don't make me regret turning my phone on silent." She jokes.

I smile.

Heyyyyyy, sorry it took so long to update. I know this is short but I've been busy. I hope you enjoyed.