Avalanche

This is a very long awaited request from captainman20191.

"Rai, come on, I know the glaciers and the ocean are gorgeous, but we need to get those samples of the ice so Schwoz can test it for dormant viruses." 

We had flown up to the Arctic to get samples of ice to test for viruses and diseases. It was quite beautiful to be honest, but we had a job to do, but one great thing about the Arctic is that no one was around for miles, so we could call each other by our actual names. I trudged through the snow, pulling my thermal suit closer to me. We had used them a few times during the winter. They consisted of a thicker, sweatshirt version of our uniform's top half, dry-fit leggings, a puffy short coat, and a pompom hat, though Rai refused to wear the hat.  

"I know that, but the landscapes are gorgeous, I just want to get some cool photos. This place is stunning." Rai squeals.

"Ok, sure whatever, but knock it off." I order.

"Ba hum bug." He jokes, imitating Scrooge.

"Just please be careful, this place is highly susceptible to avalanches so we need to be quiet and careful." I plead. "You may be indestructible so an avalanche won't hurt you, but it will most definitely hurt me, so stop being so loud and I'm sure you have enough photos of the landscape."

"Oh come on Henry just enjoy this! It's gorgeous!" Rai shouts.

I wince slightly, I swear if Rai starts an avalanche, I'm going to kill him.

"It's freezing, I can't feel my toes or my fingers." I reply grumpily. "Let's just get this over with."

"Oh my god! Why won't you just let loose! I swear, Charlotte has rubbed off on you!" Rai yells.

"Rai shut up! You're going to cause an avalanche!" I whisper shout.

"I swear since you and Charlotte shagged you've been so different!" Rai yells. 

"One, we didn't shag, we're best friends. Second, dude you need to shut up!" I whisper yell back.

"Whatever you say Kid." Rai snickers loudly. 

"Will you stop being such a child? Now please, stop screaming!" I hiss. 

"I am not being a child! If anything, you're being boring!" Rai shouted. 

I was about to counter when he stopped. A loud rumbling hit my ears like a ton of bricks.

I follow Rai's frozen gaze to see hundreds of thousands of pounds snow tumbling down the mountain.

I couldn't move. The roaring sound of snow falling down the mountains hit my ears stunning me into paralyses.

"Henry! Move!" I distantly hear Rai yell at me, but the falling snow was hypnotizing. I couldn't move. Paralyzed by a mixture of fear and awe, by the time I finally came to my senses, the snow was to close. I look back at Rai who was running in the opposite direction, clearly thinking that I was following when in reality I hadn't moved from my spot where my boots were fixed snugly in the crunchy, icy snow. When I finally realized what Rai had done by shouting and being overly loud in general, horror set in but it was far too late. I felt the horrifying crush of snow and all I saw was black. 

Rai's Point of View

After the cloud cleared from my eyes, I was greeted with a beautiful, crystal blue sky, glistening with such clarity that I could have almost stayed there for hours, but reality wasn't having any of it. I smiled peacefully, still a little concussed from the avalanche. After my indestructibility fought off the concussion, I was immediately hit with the memories of what happened.