The Blip

Also known as the Avengers: Infinity War Au no one asked for. Also, spoilers for both Infinity War and Endgame, so go watch both of those first if you haven't already. Also, because 2018 was before Henry lost his abilities, he still has them. And yes! There will be Avengers characters! But SERIOUSLY if you don't want Infinity War or Endgame to be spoiled, please don't read this!

2018

We were all hanging out in the Man Cave when it happened. Jasper let out a shriek as Schwoz disintegrated into thin air next to him. All that showed Schwoz was ever there was a pile of scattered dust.

"What the heck! Schwoz?" Jasper yelled.

"We're under att-" Charlotte started before she too disappeared into the air.

"Charlotte!" I went to grab her but all I got was a fistful of dust and air. I yelped, immediately dropping the ashy substance. What was happening! What's going on!

"Ok, stay calm, just take a deep breath, we need to figure out what's going on." Rai instructed.

"Oh crap." Jasper whispered, raising a quickly disintegrating hand. Before I even had a chance to make a move to grab him, he disappeared like Schwoz and Charlotte before him.

Panic gripped me as I start to hyperventilate, if Schwoz, Charlotte and Jasper disappeared, I was next. Sensing my panic, Rai gripped my shoulders.

"It's ok, you're going to be ok!"

"I don't want to die Rai! I don't want to die!" I repeated, throwing myself into hysterics.

"You're not going to die, I promise- oh no." He trailed off. I scan him quickly to see if he was turning to dust but he wasn't.

"What? What's wrong!" I yell, I can't lose him to! Tears brimmed my eyes.

"I- there's something- something's happening- is this what pain feels like? It's been so long..." He trails off. No!

"What? No, no, no, no, this can't be happening! Rai, you're indestructible." I insist as if that would change the outcome. It didn't. He pulled me into a hug, one that started out so tight but faded away. As suddenly as he was here, he was gone, reduced to dust like the others, yet I could still feel his weight around my shoulders.

I felt like my heart had been ripped from my body. I stood there, unable to comprehend what had just happened. My friends were dead. I waited for what could only have been an hour. I waited to die just like my friends, but it never happened. I never disappeared but I wish I did.

I was the only one left, but more than I thought. I tried my family, they weren't answering. When I reached my house, unlocked the door and entered, I could have died then and there. Covering the floor were three patches of dust.

I was the last. In the streets people were screaming and crying for their disappeared loved ones, but all of us knew that they weren't coming back. I sat down on the cold cement as I gaze out onto my city. Dust was floating around in the air making the weather around me appear to be filled with smoke when really it was so heavily polluted by the remains of the disintegrated.

A bus was overturned a little while away, people trapped inside and most likely needed medical attention. There were crashed cars with no one in the drivers seat. I could only imagine how many other disasters were littered across the city caused by whatever had happened to some of the population.

I knew Swellview needed help from Kid Danger and- no, just Kid Danger now. I stood from where I had been wallowing. I eye a gum ball I'd just retrieved from my tube. There was no point in hiding anymore. Everyone I loved was dead.