Game On!

Warning ⚠️
This chapter includes experimentation in the form of torture on a major character.
Episode: A New Evil
In this Piper knows about Henry being Kid Danger. Why? Because plot convenience.

I read the card over and over again.

Thanks for the cactus. Game on. - RT That's all it said.

And dear lord, I wished it said more. All we really know about the guy who stole the cactus is that he's rich enough to give away one million dollars and that his initials were RT.

I took a bite of my supper before placing the card back into my pocket as Piper came into the living room holding a brightly coloured box.

She begins ranting about how she would not lose to Jana Tetrazzini and how she would build a 10,001 piece puzzle. I wasn't really listening if I'm being honest.

Game on. Game on. Game on.

What game did RT mean?

It made no sense. 

Once I'd finished dinner, which was a weird fondu thing, I put my dish in the dishwasher before heading up to my bedroom.

I open my bedroom door before seeing black.

- time skip -
- next day -

Rai's Point Of View

"Where is Henry? He's over an hour late!" Rai whined. "He was supposed to be here at 9 o'clock, it's 10:30 in the morning."

"I'm sure he'll be here eventually." Jasper said without even looking up.

"I don't know, he didn't answer any of my texts or calls last night or this morning." Charlotte replied.

"Ok, that's a bit weird, Henry always answers pretty fast." Schwoz added.

"Hold up, Piper is calling." Charlotte said. "Hey girl, you guys on the way to work?"

"No, well, I will be, but isn't Henry already there?"

"What? No, Henry's not here. We thought he was still home."

"Uhh, no, I thought he came to work earlier, I haven't seen him since last night when he ditched mom, dad and I when we were supposed to do a 10,001 piece puzzle for Puzzles and Puppies awareness week."

"I have so many questions with everything you just said but no, Henry didn't come in early, can you check his room, he could still be asleep." Charlotte responded with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Yeah sure, hold on." There was a brief silence before Piper spoke again. "No, Char, all that's here is two little business card type things with a weird symbol on the back."

Colour drained from my face, where was Henry, there was only ever one card.

I leap up from my spot on the couch and lean over Charlotte's shoulder to see Piper on the screen.

"Piper, what does the cards say? It's very important." I yelled, with a panicked tone lacing my voice and my expression.

"The first one says, 'Thanks for the cactus. Game on. - RT'" Piper replied.

"And the second?"

"'Game on, Captain Man. - RT' and then a phone number."

"Rai, you don't think RT has Henry, do you?" Jasper asked with a panicked look on his face."

"Piper, when was the last time you saw your brother? Think hard."

"I told you, when he went upstairs to his bedroom. I haven't seen him since."