(9) Sharp Eyes and Keen Nose Sniff Out the Plot

The hot tea was overturned to spill on the table, Shan Cha immediately started to tidy up in a flustered manner. While she was tidying up, she also responded in a rush, "Nothing happened in the manor. It's been very good."

"Oh?" Chu Qing-Yan looked at Shan Cha who was clearly rattled by her words. She raised an eyebrow and her tone became more forceful.

"Shan Cha is clumsy, Ninth Miss, please forgive me. Shan Cha will pour another cup for you." Shan Cha, having been made to feel guilty by Ninth Miss's misleading tone, immediately poured another cup of tea to conceal her current mood.

Chu Qing-Yan smiled shallowly, "No harm."

Accepting the teacup Shan Cha once again passed over, Chu Qing-Yan lightly sipped a mouthful. In a manner of discussing something ordinary, she said inadvertently, "Shan Cha, do you know why Elder Master Chu would suddenly want to welcome our entire family to return?"

"It ought to be because Elder Master Chu misses Ninth Miss, Elder Master and Elder Madam." Shan Cha responded with her eyes lowered.

Misses?

Chuckling, Chu Qing-Yan couldn't help but to coldly sneer in her heart. At that time, Old Woman Li had also said the same thing in Mao Village. However, just now, in the main reception hall, she only saw Elder Master Chu with an old-fashioned expression and indifferent treatment towards Daddy and Mommy. He didn't even warm the seat for long before wanting to leave. Maybe in his eyes, they weren't even worth the painting he wanted to enjoy for his amusement. Wherefore could he still have the appearance of missing them? If she still couldn't see this, then she really had turned into a blind person.

"Shan Cha, I heard that I have several older brothers and younger sisters (1). Why didn't I see them today?" Clearly, this Shan Cha knew something, so Chu Qing-Yan decided to use a roundabout way to worm the facts out of her.

"The Elder had invited a teacher for the young masters and misses. As a result, the young masters and misses are all attending school. Wait until class is over, Ninth Miss will be able to see them." Seeing that Ninth Miss didn't continue to ask about that issue, Shan Cha let out a breath of relief and immediately answered cheerfully.

Shan Cha's mood change didn't escape Chu Qing-Yan's eyes. She understood clearly in her heart. She sat down on the chair with both hands holding her chin, a face full of innocence as she asked, "Then in the future, I can also go to school together with my brothers and sisters?"

"I'm afraid in the future Ninth Miss won't be able to..." The words that were blurted out immediately stopped. Shan Cha looked at her with a very awkward expression and followed quickly to say, "Ninth Miss, this servant remembered that the water is still boiling in the kitchen, I'll leave first to have a look."

Finished speaking, she didn't even wait for Chu Qing-Yan's answer before she had already left the room. As if there was a dog chasing after her.

Chu Qing-Yan looked after Shan Cha's panicked fleeing figure, and her body that was curved at the table slowly straightened. The innocent smile on her face also gradually retreated. Her gaze peacefully stared at the tea in her hand, her inner heart already in complete disorder.

Just now, she was merely using words to probe Shan Cha, she didn't expect to really get some clues.

Something huge must have happened in Chu family recently, as a result, their entire family was brought back. It was not because Chu family missed them, rather, it was because of some conspiracy. Otherwise, Shan Cha wouldn't have hemmed and hawed, and she even said that she wouldn't have a chance to go to school together with her brothers and sisters.