(88) Warm and Bright like The Stars

While Chu Qing-Yan was still in a state of shock, Xiao Xu had already gotten up and left in a complacent mood.

Chu Qing-Yan bit her chopsticks, looked at Xi Ning on the side who similarly looked dumbfounded and asked. "Just now, did His Highness really promise?"

Xi Ning nodded foolishly. "Master, you didn't hear wrong, His Highness is going to pluck the star from the skies for you!"

Chu Qing-Yan covered her eyes with her hand. Oh god, she must've asked using the wrong method, otherwise why would she encounter this scene?!

However, when her birthday really arrived, the table in front of her was really packed full of sumptuous dishes. There were meat and vegetable dishes both known and unknown to her. When Huang Yi set down the last dish, she sincerely said to her. "Ninth Miss, Happy 10th Birthday."

"Thank you." She replied, somewhat moved.

And after a short while, Daddy and Mommy were also fetched over by the manor's bodyguards. The family had a reunion and ate their meal together.

This was, in her memories, the first time that she had really spent her birthday together with her parents. Moreover including the memories from her previous life that didn't belong to her.

Mother Chu gifted her a charm for safety. She personally helped her wear it around her neck. She then lightly patted her shoulder and somewhat choking with emotions, said. "Didn't think you'd turn 10 years old so quickly. The years hasten people to get old. You have grown up, mother feels happy for you."

Chu Qing-Yan's body turned as she hugged her mother, her voice was also somewhat hoarse. "Mother, today is also the day you suffered, if it wasn't for you suffering hardship to give birth to this daughter, this daughter also wouldn't have appeared in this world. Mother is this world's most admirable person, this daughter loves you."

In the ancient times, because hygiene conditions were inadequate, the doctors didn't understand how to properly deliver babies. As a result, giving birth to children in ancient times was like going to the gates of hell. Because of this, many people had difficult births and lost their lives, going to the underworld.

And that was why she felt incomparable admiration and love towards her mother. This was also the first time she bravely professed her love to her mother. In the modern times, because Chinese people were always shy about expressing their love towards their parents, she had carried on this tradition until she crossed over to ancient times where she started to feel a bit remorseful. She had never told her dad and mom "I love you" till now. She used this chance to say the words that were concealed for a long time inside to her dad and mom in ancient times as well as the ones living in the modern world.

"Good good good, really a good child!" Perhaps it was because of her daughter's sudden confession that Mother Chu felt a bit shy. She wiped away her tears and felt somewhat embarrassed.

Daddy Chu saw this and also ran over to hug the two and said with all smiles. "I also love you guys."

The three people suddenly burst out into laughter together.

Before leaving, Daddy Chu fished out a stone from his chest pocket and stuffed it into his daughter's hands. He said this was a celestial stone an immortal had entrusted to him through his dreams so he gave it to her.

Chu Qing-Yan received it laughingly, then watched as her parents walked away.

When everything resumed its usual quietness, Chu Qing-Yan felt somewhat regretful. Don't know what Xiao Xu was busy doing today, he hasn't appeared the entire day. She had originally wanted to thank him for bringing her parents over to spend her birthday together with her, a pity she couldn't find him. She asked Hong Yi and others, but they were also unsure.