(110) When Two Tigers Fight, There Certainly Will be Injuries

"Concubine Yue, halt!"

Once this voice sounded, Concubine Yue's eyebrows puckered up in displeasure. Now halfway through, how come another general Cheng Yao-Jin (1) jumped out? But this voice...

Hearing this voice, Chu Qing-Yan's gaze passed over Concubine Yue's shoulder and looked behind her. She only saw a woman wearing a palace gown embroidered with tree peony flowers, one hand placed on the Nanny's hand at her side as she slowly walked in. Her makeup was exquisite with very pretty facial features. Her manners were poised, giving off an air of wealth. Both of her eyes had an indifferent expression. Chu Qing-Yan seemed to see Big Block of Ice's shadow on her body. Was it possible that this person had some relationship to Big Block of Ice?

Just as Chu Qing-Yan was pondering this, Concubine Yue had already turned around. Once she saw the person that came, her expression changed slightly. But very quickly, she changed it to a sweet-tempered expression. "So it turned out to be empress older sister who has graced us with your presence. Please excuse this younger sister for not going out to greet you. These palace people really are neglectful of their duties. They didn't even come to report older sister's arrival. Later, this younger sister will teach them properly."

Empress older sister?

Chu Qing-Yan immediately returned to her senses. This person was Big Block of Ice's mother Liang Yuan, Western Xuan country's Left Minister's younger brother's second daughter. Can't blame her just now for feeling that this person seemed similar to Big Block of Ice. She suddenly thought, since Empress Liang looked like a really virtuous beauty with excellent features, then Big Block of Ice's original appearance ought to be very elegant and extremely handsome. Outside, rumors had it that a huge fire ten years ago already burned and ruined his appearance. A burst of pain came out of nowhere to seize her heart. If that huge fire didn't happen, then that extremely quiet and cold person ought to have what kind of appearance?

Dredging up Chu Qing-Yan from her own world was Empress Liang's tone that held a smile but not quite a smile. "If they had come to report, how could older sister see this big play of younger sister teaching my daughter-in-law on my behalf?"

This smile had words of mockery that displeased Concubine Yue. She still remained smiling as she said. "What is older sister talking about? Qing-Yan this girl is still young and doesn't know the rules in the palace. I heard today that older sister was preoccupied with some difficult matters and let Qing-Yan and Xu'er to return first. Younger sister thought since older sister is so busy, then let this idle younger sister help with older sister's difficulties and take on some of the labors, help older sister to teach Qing-Yan a bit. Alas, maybe it's because Qing-Yan is still young and isn't sensible, that is why in one careless moment, she broke the treasure bestowed by His Majesty. Younger sister originally wanted to forget about it, but under so many staring eyes, if younger sister was to shield her, then how am I suppose to manage the palace people after this? Therefore I reluctantly decided to have her punished!"

She said it as if it was reasonable and in accordance with the rules. As if there was no way to find a hole that could tear the speech apart.

Empress Liang, under Luo Yun's support sat down on the master's chair within this palace hall. She placed both hands on her knee as she looked toward the warm, virtuous and good Concubine Yue in front of her with slight mockery. If it was not for the palace maid coming to report that Concubine Yue had invited the two people over to Moon Palace and then had Xu'er sent away. It may be assumed that the Empress also hadn't anticipated that Concubine Yue, in order to deter her, thought of looking for trouble for Chu Qing-Yan.

Although she wanted Chu Qing-Yan to disappear from this earth with her heart and soul, she still wouldn't allow Fu You-Yue, this slut to borrow an excuse to use Chu Qing-Yan to slap her face.